Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE DONATE > Don't forget your generosity not only helps maintain YOUR MobiTog but, as a MobiSupporter, increases your MobiAlbums, THANK YOU!
  3. > iPhone X or iPhone 8 / 8 Plus < Got One Yet? Click & tell!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Results! TS91 2pm Saturday Aug-5

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 3 August 2017.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Overview:
    Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!".

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in! Currently at Jardine Park campground at Richibucto, New Brunswick, on the Richibucto River and very close to the Northumberland Straight, Atlantic Ocean.

3. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    I'm in.:thumbs:

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and tommy71k like this.
  4. RoseCat

RoseCat ExBest AppWhore... Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I'm in! :D

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and tommy71k like this.
  5. tommy71k

tommy71k MobiAddict

I'm in too

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  6. PicsbyJCG

PicsbyJCG MobiLurver

Christer
    Device:
    iPhone SE
    ̶I̶n̶.̶
    Out.

Last edited: 5 August 2017
    RoseCat, GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  7. tommy71k

tommy71k MobiAddict

Beauty farm

2.08 P.M. Italy,my bathroom,my Huawei and my head[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

mwolfer, sinnerjohn, zenjenny and 6 others like this.
  8. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    ☹️

Starzee likes this.
  9. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Great time to do this!

RoseCat and tommy71k like this.
  10. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Bit late today, didn't hear the pre alert as I was in the kitchen putting on the water for the noodles I intended to cook. Went to the balcony to get some basil which was missing from the ingredients for the sauce and spotted my pod, checked time and took it with me. The 2'o shot wasn't one I'd post, but from then it was a piece of cake. So may I invite you to my kitchen and cook with me fussili lunghi with baby octopus (in the glass bulb), basil and tomatoes (all fresh from the balcony – last are the third harvest this year):

The purple and pink thing is the "Kochblume" (cook flower) and underneath the water begins to boil for the noodles. Up left my own grown tomatos and basil, right the swirly kinda spaghetti but thicker Fusilli Lunghi. 2.04pm:

HipstamaticPhoto-523629746.787413.jpg

The noodles taking a bath in the boiling water. Now visible the glass bulb with octopuses and underneath the can with sieved tomatoes. 2.07pm:

HipstamaticPhoto-523627659.481140.jpg

Noodles completely drowned and buried under the kochblume and now you see what it does: it keeps the boiling water in the puddle. No more overboiled salty water outside the pot and no more watching the noodles boil! (One of the best inventions since sliced bread.) 2.09pm

HipstamaticPhoto-523627744.832851.jpg

While the noodles are boiling I've prepared the other stuff for the sauce, sliced the tomatoes and basil and rescued the octopuses from the glass and put away the oil they come with. 2.20pm

HipstamaticPhoto-523629841.735266.jpg

The round up at 2.30: served.

HipstamaticPhoto-523629020.008885.jpg

And I went back to the balcony to eat it, I was finished when the weather finally made up its mind and started to rain. I started this post and by picture 3 it rained horizontally and I had to finish this inside.

mwolfer, zenjenny, deepop and 6 others like this.
  11. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Hope we see you next time.

PicsbyJCG, GroovyGouvy and Starzee like this.
  12. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Hey, cool vantage points.

tommy71k, GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  13. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Great story and picture series!

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  14. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Cool pics. Love the topside angle.

15. Starzee

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Nice lunch! I've never seen tiny octopi like that. Are they pickled or canned?

FundyBrian, GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  16. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    This is what Nicola and I could see at 2pm today!

IMG_6999.JPG
    That's a person out there in all that rain! We were getting ready to dash into the supermarket.

Earlier in the day we had been to Hamerton Wildlife park which is about 20 minutes from our house. And this is what we saw (may I invoke the Time Shift Extension for these?).

IMG_6935.JPG
    Two small deer of unknown origin (well the park knew, but I didn't make a note of it).

IMG_6946.JPG
    A crowned crane.

IMG_6960.JPG
    Meerkats - so cute.

IMG_6968.JPG
    A white Bengal tiger. It wasn't possible to get any closer to this beautiful animal. In May one of the keepers was killed when she was cleaning the tiger's "bedroom" and it got back in.

Everything was well-fed and relaxed, including us!

mwolfer, sinnerjohn, deepop and 6 others like this.
  17. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Thank you. And it was tasty, too!

JillyG likes this.
  18. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    In sunflower oil and some herb. You can even put them cold on salad. They are very soft no overcooked chewing gum. Always when ALDI has its Italian week I get me some 8 glasses of these. They expire over a year later and never came so far.

RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  19. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Oh how wonderful animal piccies! I thought the story with the tiger was at London zoo? Or there, too? sad, but those are still wild animals. The unknown deers remind me of Digdigs. Not sure how it's written. Will google it up. Anyway the picture is simply cute. As meerkats. You stand there watching them do a minute and a complete our is gone when you turn away.

RoseCat, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  20. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in! So behind this week!

21. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    I think you're right Gouvy - I think they are Dik Diks. No, it was at Hamerton that the keeper died. London Zoo is much more up-to-date with their equipment/caging. They didn't destroy the tiger though. The family asked that it wasn't killed. Yes, the Meerkats are so cute and they make little noises constantly.

22. Starzee

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I just took my shots then realized I never said " I'm in!" . I'll post tomorrow.

FundyBrian, GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  23. ValeriGail

ValeriGail MobiLurver

Valeri
    Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I can participate today!!

I'm hanging out with my husband's family today, having our summer get together (reunion). It's mostly just a day to hang out, eat food and play games.

Where the wild things are....
    Out in the area next to the civic center we rented. Seemed kinda like a warning. Lol
    HipstamaticPhoto-523654461.504337.jpg

Playing games with family
    HipstamaticPhoto-523650921.101177.jpg

Talking politics
    HipstamaticPhoto-523654733.956144.jpg

Door prize drawings
    HipstamaticPhoto-523655334.651973.jpg

The teenagers not so patiently waiting for their numbers to be called. (Door prizes)
    HipstamaticPhoto-523655248.526509.jpg

More politics
    OriginalPhoto-523653193.538866.jpg

And the desert table... yum!
    HipstamaticPhoto-523657421.605778.jpg

I know that's more than 3 pics (I could keep going!) but I'm making up for the times I couldn't participate

Off to enjoy the company! Everyone have a lovely day.

MsDee, deepop, Starzee and 5 others like this.
  24. RoseCat

RoseCat ExBest AppWhore... Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I'm finding it challenging to pop in here (or anywhere online) while I'm visiting family and friends.... :confused: This is the most I've been offline in awhile - and today's photos are the first I've taken since I arrived on Tuesday. :eek: What's happening?!?!? ;)

Today I'm visiting college friends I've known since 1983. (Where does the time go?) They recently cut down 2 fir trees and 1 cedar. In windy weather they've had numerous branches thrown around their yard and roof, and some were quite large (these trees are about 70-80 feet tall) and they were worried about damage to their house.

IMG_6594.JPG
    Here's the "gate to nowhere" - the rest of the fence was taken down and moved to the side to be re-installed once the logs are cleared away.

IMG_6595.JPG
    Here's more trees that got to stay. For perspective, those smaller trees are about 8 feet tall.

IMG_6593.JPG
    This was what was literally facing me as my 2:00pm alarm went off. I decided this was quite boring so I went outside to find something a bit more interesting. :D (the rose lemonade was dee-licious, BTW).

mwolfer, MsDee, deepop and 6 others like this.
  25. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Today was a travelling-home day for Fabi & I after 4 nights away camping near Richibucto for Fabi to visit her daughter (who was also visiting the area) and old friends in the area, and for me to get in some kayaking. Did I mention I got in some kayaking? (Yay!)
    We took the scenic shore road home and stopped a couple of times to walk on beaches and visit a couple of quirky antique shops - one of which is the topic of my 2 pm rendez-vous with Time Stamp. After arriving, we found the place was "enexpectedly closed" but it was so special we had to hang around for 20 minutes for 2 pm to arrive.
    Watermarked(2017-08-05-2130).jpg
    Incidentally, after having nothing but pitiful broken wifi all week our pitiful satellite internet at home seems not as terrible.
    The wood carver who owns this shop is Charlie, otherwise known as Wood Chuck.
    These are some of the things outside in the yard.
    Watermarked4(2017-08-05-2133).jpg
    Watermarked2(2017-08-05-2132).jpg
    I really have to show you this.
    Watermarked3(2017-08-05-2132).jpg
    And here is the other end.
    Watermarked7(2017-08-05-2133).jpg
    And now for the rest of the story. Earlier in the day we stopped at an unbelievably crowded antique shop in a former small church in Rexton, NB, oohhh, can't resist a pic.
    IMG_9307.JPG
    Anyhow, while walking sideways up and down the aisles, or squeezing, as it turns out, we overheard the owner talking to someone about a person he knew, also an antique store owner and wood carver (Wood Chuck) who had just had a stroke. So it seems we coincidentally stumbled upon that very same person's shop and presumed the reason the shop was closed was the owner had just had a stroke. Great detective work, eh Watson.

MsDee, deepop, GroovyGouvy and 2 others like this.