Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MobiMembers - purchase Dave Gray’s 365 iBook & contribute to MobiTog whilst getting a jolly good read... :)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Newappwatch *Post News Of New Apps Here*

Discussion in 'Apps Chat' started by richardcb, 31 January 2014.

1. richardcb

richardcb MobiStaff Site Staff

Richard
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    New photo apps are appearing all the time and we love how many of you rush to give us your first thoughts on them. However these vital opinions sometimes get lost in other threads, other forums, etc.

Now you have a central location to post your opinions and reviews on the latest apps you have discovered and want to share with your fellow MobiToggers.

Help make this another vital information resource for your favourite mobile photography community. :)

2. Venomator

Venomator MobiAdmin Admin Site Staff

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Super idea Rich... :thumbs:

Are you planning on adding each new app to the OP to let everyone know what goodies are included in the thread?... :sneaky:

Especially useful if the Post Number, or even a linky, is added to it... :rog:

lisamjw and richardcb like this.
  3. richardcb

Richard
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Good idea, Rog. I want to see how this goes first. If we get enough support then that could be done. Might be useful if anyone posting a new app tries to include a link to the App Store as well.

4. lookingGlass79

lookingGlass79 Daily Chronicler... MobiSupporter

Brandy
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    New painting app I found and like Auto Painting FX HD by Delong Zhang is pretty awesome. Offers many different paint effects to choose from. But at $2.99 it is a bit expensive. I like it a lot though. Only seems to be saving at a med. resolution around 1600x1200 but I haven't attempted painting any large res photos with it yet either.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-painting-fx-hd/id690432654?mt=8
    image.jpg image.jpg

5. lookingGlass79

Brandy
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
  6. RoseCat

RoseCat Snowed-in Catkin... Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I can see you doing some really cool stuff with these apps!

carlos and lookingGlass79 like this.
  7. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    For iPad & iPhone - PDF Converter Pro by Pradeep Singh free today. Usually $1.99.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-converter-pro-convert/id684845851?mt=8

PDF Converter Pro is FREE today with AppGratis.com. Free For 48 Hrs.

PDF Converter Pro is absolutely for those who want to convert Photos, Pictures, Contacts and Text Messages in to PDF.
    The features of PDF Converter
    Easy and fast converting to PDF
    - Documents from iWorks and MS Office
    - Web pages
    - Emails and Email Attachments
    - Photos and Pictures
    - Clipboard content
    - Text Messages
    - Contacts
    - Dropbox content
    - Box
    - Drive
    Share PDFs
    - Via Dropbox
    - Using iTunes File Sharing
    - By EMail
    -WiFi
    Features:
    * Really attractive, super easy to use interface
    * Using "Open In..." approach, print files from many popular online storages: Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk, Docs and other cloud storage applications.
    * Save the following document formats to PDF:
    Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, RTF, RTFD, TXT, HTML, JPG, PNG, Safari webarchive.
    * Merge PDF docs into single PDF document.
    * Mail out documents as email attachments

* Send files to iBook, GoodReader, PDF Reader.
    * WiFi file transfer (Browser or Webdav clients).
    * Drive
    * Box
    * Dropbox

MsDee likes this.
  8. richardcb

Richard
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Anyone tried out Rookie yet? It's a new camera/filters app from Jelly Bus, the makers of Moldiv. Check out this article from Cult of Mac. Also this quick test image made with the help of Tiny Planets. Rookie is currently free but an IAP is needed to unlock most of the filters.

IMG_0198.JPG (2).JPG

9. MisterBoll

MisterBoll MobiStarter

New painting app - Brushstroke by Code Organa - https://itunes.apple.com/app/id824421012
    I've not tried it and at $2.99 I might just wait for a sale.

Turn your photos into paintings with Brushstroke.

Brushstroke transforms your album photos and snaps into beautiful paintings in one touch. Edit, sign, and share your work on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Want your artwork printed? We've teamed up with CanvasPop to provide the best quality canvas prints available. Pick a frame and size, and you’ll have your masterpiece delivered and hanging on your wall in no time.

Features:

• Automatically transform your photos into one of many painting styles
    • Load photos from your Camera Roll and other Albums
    • Take snaps and watch them transform instantly
    • Experiment with different color palettes
    • Adjust your painting to get just the right look
    • Select from a variety of canvases and surfaces
    • Sign your painting to personalize it
    • Share your art on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
    • Have your art printed and shipped right to your doorstep

For more (although slight) information - www.codeorgana.com

RoseCat and Carolyn Hall Young like this.
  10. Carolyn Hall Young

Carolyn Hall Young MobiPassionista

Carolyn Hall Young
    Device:
    iPhone 5
    13021461244_2e3745ed1a_o.jpg
    I won a copy through the Art of MOB, thanks to Geri Centonze. Here is what I did with it. I started with one of my sister, Lee Kathleen Hall's selfies. She is getting over a bug. I took it to Brushstrokes, then played with the results in iColorama.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolynhallyoung/13021461244/

11. Lzed

Lzed MobiStaff Site Staff

Larry Zasitko
    I had seen these a while ago and tracking them but so far have resisted buying :)
    I sent developer email asking about resolution but never got a reply which is not surprising. But if they will not reply I have little faith that they will up the resolution.
    Would like to see more though :)

lookingGlass79 likes this.
  12. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    I have been watching but again didn't know what resolution it saves at and had not seen samples.
    I do like your image. Please post more :) and maybe mention the resolution..

Carolyn Hall Young likes this.
  13. Carolyn Hall Young

Carolyn Hall Young
    Device:
    iPhone 5
    Another one, which I worked on today, started with an image I had made in iColorama, took it to Brushstrokes, and back to be blended, layered, an manipulated in a different version of the the iColorama piece. These are in reverse order, so it moves from last to first. image.jpg
    This is the iColorama and the Brushstrokes images blended together and messed with in iColorama. (Above) image.jpg
    This was what I blended into, an image made in iColorama. (Above) I will probably send her this one.

image.jpg
    This is what Brushstokes did with it. Good for texture, I think. (Above) image.jpg
    This is the image I took to brushes. It is an earlier version of the double portrait, two above. It is a composite of some of Andrea Koerner's images, plus mine. Shhh, I am working on a birthday portrait for her. (Above) image.jpg View attachment 51388
    Larry, I do not know what the maximum resolution is, but I work in 3160 by 2528, pretty much all the time. The image that I brought in saved at the same resolution when exported.
    Here is the Original front camera, iPhone 5, image of my sister, above, (she is getting over a flu) and the Brushstrokes image, before going to iColorama, below. image.jpg
    The Brushstrokes image^There are many adjustments you can make, but my goal was just to try it.
    The finished piece is in my post above our conversation.

I am sorry the images are out of order, I hope you can see what I was trying to say. I am a painter, so I probably not be using Brushstrokes much, I prefer to use my own brushstrokes, however, it is useful for breaking up the texture of a surface, and it led me to do the finish work for the portrait of my sister. She is an architect, which explains some of what I was trying to do with the image.

Last edited: 10 March 2014
    zenjenny, lamkentucky, MsDee and 3 others like this.
  14. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    These are really beautiful!

Carolyn Hall Young likes this.
  15. Carolyn Hall Young

Carolyn Hall Young
    Device:
    iPhone 5
    Thank you, Catherine! XXXOOO

RoseCat likes this.
  16. Derren Ohanian

Derren Ohanian Creator of Gifx & Photo Candy Developer

Derren Ohanian
    Device:
    iPhone 6s
  17. lookingGlass79

Brandy
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Don't know if this app has been mentioned or reviewed yet but it is AWESOME!! It was just updated today and the developer seems to stay active. It's CLASSIC VINTAGE-Photo Editor by AiNeuron. It's Free but has 4 in app purchase Packs you can buy if you like. I bought all four! 0.99¢ each, wish there was a bundle pack purchase option but oh well. Allows you to choose 3 options, Paper, Crackle, and Border and all the packs offer very unique but artistic options. You can also adjust the intensity of each option...from 100% down to 0%. I've included a few examples of photos I created with the app. Also your photos save at original photo size! Awesome all around!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/classic-vintage-photo-editor/id531352290?mt=8
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

zenjenny, RoseCat, dalgeri and 2 others like this.
  18. lookingGlass79

Brandy
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Jixipix has put out a new app called Chalkspiration...there's an iPad HD version for $2.99 and an iPhone version for $1.99. It's another very unique, artistic app from some very talented developers! I've just got it today so I'm still figuring all the settings and options out. This app seems to offer more user control then their other apps.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chalkspiration-hd/id807086894?mt=8
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

RoseCat, Russ and Lzed like this.
  19. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    It one of those apps that I had at some point and for some unknown reason never used it so it got deleted. Downloaded and playing around and so far I really like it.
    Save resolution is fantastic, I opened a 6000x6000 36mp image. It took some time to load it and even longer to apply or change anything but nicely surprised that it saved it at the same size and didn't crash like so many other apps or downscale the image.
    I have only done a few images but like it. Like you I'll probably get the in-apps though right now the included ones are good for playing with.
    Intensity is set at levels ie 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 but they work well and the difference is nice to have.

image.jpg

20. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    I've been following these since they were released. Still undecided. One other person I know commented that it looked like tombstones when your done :) I'll wait till they come on sale I think.

zenjenny likes this.
  21. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Ink+Pen A Watercolor Notebook
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pen-ink-a-watercolor-notebook/id579934598?mt=8

This app is currently free, regular price is $1.99
    Better yet all in-apps are also currently free
    App saves images on my iPad at 2048x1536
    Get it while you can!

Simple, beautiful, and rich, Pen & Ink presents a stunning assortment of beautiful brushes in a simple interface. Learn it in minutes, explore it for years. Try it for free!

BRUSHES FOR EVERYONE
    Pen & Ink offers beautiful pens and watercolor, rich and delicate Asian Ink Wash, bold and vibrant Art Markers, and nuanced textured Pencils and charcoal tools. Explore negative space with our Erase & Smudge tools, from hard eraser to fan brush to kneaded erasers. Swipe the tool tray to create additional brush sets and arrange them your way. Control the flow of ink with your hand's natural motion and easily configure color, size and pigment loading.

LAYERS
    Organize your ink in layers. Move layers up or down, change opacity, and merge ink from one layer into another. Import images from your photo library into any layer for digital mixed media and collage work.

Export notebooks or pages to Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, AirPrint, email, or photo library. "Open in App…" to open files in your other apps. Print your artwork on full-size canvas with GreatBigCanvas.com. Hand your iPad to friends to show off your creations; with our new read-only viewing mode, they can't accidentally make a mark on your art.

UNDO, REDO, ZOOM and ROTATE
    Unlimited levels of undo and redo. Pinch to zoom and rotate the canvas.

ORGANIZE
    Drag and drop to re-order pages and notebooks. Select multiple pages and move them across notebooks, make copies, or delete.

TRACE, DRAW, and WRITE
    Trace images from your photo library or camera, draw freehand, keep a journal or sketchbook, and jot down what's on your mind. Our interface puts the essential tools at your fingertips.

22. Robert Lancaster

Robert Lancaster MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Robert Lancaster
    This looks really cool lookingGlass79 but got really crappy reviews. Is it worth it?
    Trying to hang on to my store credit (as usual) so if you recommend it, I will buy it.
    :)

23. lookingGlass79

Brandy
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I hadn't even looked at the reviews....I like it! Gonna give a St Paddy's gift for ya to check it and see what ya think. Hang on the that store credit for a really awesome app....like Painted Camera! When is it coming out?! :) let me know what ya think about this app though ok.

RoseCat likes this.
  24. lookingGlass79

Brandy
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Pocket Monet 0.99¢ from:Nebulus Design
    Now this isn't a new app....in fact it hasn't been updated since Oct. 2011! But I've just recently discovered it. I'm using it on my iPhone 5S with the 7.1 update it's working wonderfully and hasn't crashed or had any bugs that I've noticed. It's also saving at good resolution. From 2400x1900 is the max I've saved photos at so far.
    There are 5 different brush sizes to choose from to "paint" your photo with, from small to large. You can also choose from 6 color theme filters, shown in photo above.
    You can save your photos with a frame if you'd like to, and I like the nice frame selections they provide. Of course you don't have to use a frame either.
    If you haven't tried this app already i do recommend giving it a try...especially if you like the example images below.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-monet/id442687450?mt=8

Last edited: 19 March 2014
    lisamjw likes this.
  25. Jacob606

Jacob606 MobiStarter

Jacob Dix
    If anyone uses an Android phone, I've made a comprehensive list and review of some of the best photo editing and camera apps on that market. I will update it from time to time. It needs updating even now.

www.mobilography.net/the-definitive-list/