Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. > iPhone X or iPhone 8 / 8 Plus < Got One Yet? Click & tell!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DONATE > PLEASE - consider contributing to MobiTog's monthly running costs via DONATE? We are extremely low on funds, your generosity will help us continue to maintain YOUR MobiTog Community, THANK YOU!

Mobi52 Larry's Project 52 - 2017

Discussion in 'MobiTog Project 52 - 2017' started by Lzed, 7 January 2017.

1. Lzed

Lzed MobiStaff Site Staff

Larry Zasitko
    This will no doubt be similar to my Project 52 for 2016 where I posted on a nowhere close to a weekly basis and images were a mix of edits, or photos. I had thought of trying to stick with editing with a single app like Hipstamatic but have not made up my mind yet... oh well....

GroovyGouvy, lisamjw and Venomator like this.
  2. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    1 January 2017

Woke up to a couple inches of new snow and almost -30 and ice fog, this was a park by the Hospital when I needed some fresh air.

IMG_0750.JPG
    Taken with PureShot and edited in SuperPhoto

3. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    4 January 2017

Woke up to more cold and some fog and cloud. Made for a nice sunrise. High for today was -26 and low around -32. At least little wind. Van almost didn't start (I forgot to plug it in) but it did under protest. Spending a lot of the time at the hospital with Karen.
    With no dog and no Karen the house is very quiet. You get so used to the dog moving around and growling at another dog that walks across the street or barking at anyone that comes to the door. With Karen home there is always a bit of noise from what she is doing or I hear her power chair moving around.

IMG_0796.JPG
    Fusion HDR

GroovyGouvy, Ryn S, lisamjw and 6 others like this.
  4. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Wow Larry that's striking. Fab editing. :thumbs:

GroovyGouvy, Lzed and Venomator like this.
  5. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Oooh Larry that's cold! And we protest when it gets to -1! Hopefully, Karen will be home soon and the house won't be so quiet. Sending you both warm hugs. :inlove:

GroovyGouvy, Lzed and Venomator like this.
  6. Venomator

Venomator MobiAdmin Admin Site Staff

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wowsas, great start Larry, gorgeous edit in that oh so cold looking iMage, brrr... :thumbs:

Sorry to hear your wife is in hospital and hope she makes a full and speedy recovery from her op and gets back to making those comforting noises at home for you... :D

7. zenjenny

zenjenny MobiStaff Site Staff

jen
    Device:
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Love that stark tree edit, Larry - nice number 1 :thumbs:

And the absence of those bodies and their familiar sounds in your household - can be so disorienting.

Hope as Rog says all going well & all back to [whatever passes in your family for] normal :inlove:

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and Lzed like this.
  8. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    JillyG Venomator zenjenny
    Hopefully she will be out of hospital today but it's after noon and have not heard anything. They came and took more blood around 9:30 and supposedly if it is the same as yesterday they will let her go. When your waiting it takes so much longer, or so it seems.

GroovyGouvy, lisamjw, JillyG and 2 others like this.
  9. Venomator

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Great news Larry, thank you kindly for letting us now... :D

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  10. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Was -25 this morning when I went out and plugged the van in.

For those that don't quite understand plugging in the van...
    It gets cold here and liquids get thicker so oil becomes like molasses and we have to mix antifreeze with water for the engine and radiator so it will not freeze. Engines blocks when cast have what are called freeze plugs, the idea is that if the water started to freeze the plugs would pop out and stop the block itself from cracking. It is amazing what force freezing water has. Here they take one of the freeze plugs out and put in an immersion heater, when plugged in it will warm the antifreeze and block and help thin the oil (simply because the oil is below a nice war block it heats somewhat. It also means that you get heat out of the heater system faster. There is another type of antifreeze heater that I am thinking of putting in the van. It goes in one of the heater hoses and is basically like an old fashioned percolator and it works better because it sucks in the cold antifreeze, heats to near boiling and the pumps it out so it circulate through the engine block and heats better. The immersion heater heats only fluid it is in contact with and it does spread but not as efficient.

Anyways today's weather... over the rest of the day it is supposed to warm up to around -20 where it will stay through tuesday with little change up or down, Tuesday it starts dropping to -31 overnight and wed night to -35 (about the same C or F).. You dress warm, I have a goose down coat that keeps heat in pretty good and good warm boots and I have down mitts as well as fleece mitts. I have different gloves for when I am snow blowing they go up to almost the elbow.

Surprising enough the weather in the far north is much milder than here. We have a coursing that lives in Fort Simpson which is around 2200 Kms north of us and their high to the next few days is -8 and so far this winter has been much warmer then we have been.

11. zenjenny

zenjenny MobiStaff Site Staff

jen
    Device:
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Fingers crossed for a good result :thumbs:

GroovyGouvy, Venomator and JillyG like this.
  12. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Ohhhhh I understand... Lived in Wisconsin until Spring of 2012. Will never forget the winter of 1981-82... The worst one of my lifetime.

Stay warm!! And safe!!

13. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    8 January 2017

Karen was let out yesterday so got her home around 4:30 after stopping for prescriptions, she has to go into the clinic for bloodwork on tuesday morning. Will be a weekly thing for some time. They talked about having home care do it but don't know how one wait list is yet. They will have scans every so often to see if the thinners is helping get rid of the small blood clots. Have to see about getting her into see her regular doctor this week.
    Yesterday afternoon was about -25 and strong winds so felt like -35 or worst, very cold feeling.
    This morning it is -20 and not supposed to change much day or night for the next few days, then supposed to get colder but will see, I hope it gets warmer but...

Another little sunrise this morning.

IMG_0851.JPG

14. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Lovely Larry. If you only post that view for your 52 I won't mind. It would be great to see how it changes throughout the year. So glad that Karen's home. What a relief for you both.

GroovyGouvy, Venomator and MsDee like this.
  15. lisamjw

lisamjw MobiStaff Site Staff

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    So glad to hear that Karen got to come home! Love the images you've posted!

GroovyGouvy and Venomator like this.
  16. Venomator

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Very pleased to hear Karen has arrived back home with you now Larry... :thumbs:

I do hope you can both stay warm and safe and do not have to venture out in that weather too often... :barf:

GroovyGouvy and Lzed like this.
  17. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Yesterday and today were about -32 overnight, Highest temp yesterday was midnight at around -11 then the temperature dropped again. High winds the last couple days so with wind chills over -50 so school buses were not running for the last couple of days. I had to shovel some snow today. We were getting a really fine snow so with the wind where it formed drifts they were quite hard and therefore heavy. Cleared enough of a path so if Karen wanted to go out she could. Her doctor called a couple days ago and said her INR numbers were a bit to high so changed when she takes the pills and see if it makes any difference. I have to take to the clinic again tomorrow to get that checked. Once they have it figured out for when to take and the dose of warfarin it should maybe be easier. After today it is supposed to warm up, forecast is about freezing by next wed but they have kept pushing it off so I quess we will see.

18. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    12 January 2017

Old abandoned farm house. Unfortunately a sight we see more and more. Farming over the years has changed a lot from the homesteading days. Now farms are huge and seem to get bigger all the time. Karen's family farm may be gone in the next few years, Right now it is mostly owned by two brothers, one that moved to northern Alberta and has no interest in farming, and Karen's younger brother John who live on the home quarter. John has been basically managing it by himself but he is not really a farmer or not in our eyes. He works much better when he has someone telling him what to do. Most of the land is being rented out (mostly to a cousin that lives about a mile away) and he actually does the farming. The boys have talked about selling and the cousin did buy some land last spring and I imagine that if they decided to sell most would go to him.

IMG_0878.JPG

GroovyGouvy, Mo-Co, sck and 10 others like this.
  19. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    You've really captured the sad decline in this Larry. Great editing. :thumbs:

20. bohand

bohand MobiStar

Deborah Bohan
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Beautiful!!!!

21. lisamjw

lisamjw MobiStaff Site Staff

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Great editing, Larry!

22. Venomator

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wonderfully processed iMage Larry, really impressive result... :thumbs:

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  23. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Agreed, beautiful!

GroovyGouvy, Venomator and Lzed like this.
  24. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    17 January 2017

Sunrise this morning. Again more colour to the west.

IMG_0932.JPG
    Right now it is right at 0c or 33f so pretty nice though roads are very slick.
    Right now I am very tired of Doctors....
    Yesterday was nothing but a mess, Karen had to go to the Anti-Coagulation Management Group and we spent almost 1 1/2 hours talking about how her INR numbers are lower then they would like so they put her on an daily injection and upped her warfarin a little. Sent us down to the Hospital to pick up the drugs and they are pre-loaded syringes. Then had to take her to another place where they were supposed to show Karen how to inject herself. Turns out they wouldn't do the first one as they have no facilities to handle her if she had a reaction to this new drug, So had to take her back to the hospital and wait for them to sign her in and see how long we would wait. In this case they had Karen in and out in only a few minutes. I thought they might keep her for a while to see if she had a reaction but no. What I thought was going to take an hour in the morning went from 9:30am to almost 4pm.
    Karen figures she has another infection so tried getting a hold of our family doctor who it turns out moved someplace and didn't bother letting us know. Karen had to go in this morning at 8:30 and see another doctor. Then drive across the city back home and in about a half hour have to leave again. Go back down to the place that was supposed to show her how to inject yesterday and they are supposed to do that, then back to the blinking lab for who knows how long. Friday we have to go to the lab again and see if the new warfarin and this injection have changed her INR numbers to where they are happy. Then I suppose we will have to start looking for another family doctor....

mwolfer, GroovyGouvy, MsDee and 3 others like this.
  25. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Oh my goodness Larry. Firstly, lovely panorama. I love the pops of colour throughout. Secondly, poor you and Karen. What a palaver. Honestly, you have to have a certain level of wellness to survive that sort of day, or it would kill you off. I did Rog's blood thinning injections. I don't think that I could inject myself unless there was no alternative. Karen's a trooper. :thumbs:

GroovyGouvy likes this.