Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. HUGE NEWS! Mobitog has hit 100,000 images! Read all about it here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE NOTE - The MobiApp has had to be removed from service - thanks GDPR! We sincerely apologise for having to take this step at short notice, but we have only just been made aware! Everyone should have received an e-mail detailing this earlier today with news about our Privacy Policy. Please try MobiTog.com via your Browser? You may be pleasantly surprised... > FULL NOTICE HERE <
    Dismiss Notice

Mobi52 Larry’s Project 52 - 2018

Discussion in 'MobiTog Project 52 - 2018' started by Lzed, 30 December 2017.

1. Lzed

Lzed MobiStaff Site Staff

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    I would almost hate to go back through my 2017 Project 52 and see how many images I posted to it but will do it again and like last year it will be all over the place :)

2. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Some is better than none Larry :D:thumbs:.

GroovyGouvy and lisamjw like this.
  3. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    Meant to start posting here but this got de-railed.
    I have no idea what the heck I caught but after over a week I am still sick. Can’t eat much so I have lost some weight (the only plus side to this...) First almost a week couldn’t keep anything down outside of water or pop. I am upstairs only right now as stairs are hard to do and it stays colder downstairs. Knew something was up when I went to get up to go to bed and had an enormous amount of trouble. At one point thought I would have to crawl over to the stairs and using handrails pull myself up but in the end I managed. Going upstairs was hard and almost didn’t make the top step. Since then have not been downstairs. Had David come over and bring up my computer but not doing much on it or anything right now. Was even struggling to get out of a higher chair so a few time have had to push the chair over to the stairs and then I can stand one step down. Then turn around and get up the one step.
    Have not been sleeping well, flipping between cold and hot, right now I have my sheepskin om the bed and two feather duvets, one gets kicked off when I overheat then later pull it back over me when I get cold again. During the day i was warm enough but several afternoons it would start cooling and I would get cold then the cold shakes start. When you are week and then get the shakes on top of it it seems like everything is a battle.
    The last couple days have seen tiny improvements, have been able to eat Mac+Cheese (only a few mouthfuls and not too much heartburn or issues) last night I tried a bit of rice and that stayed down though it did give me a little touch of heartburn but was at least manageable.
    Still not my way of spending the beginning of the new year.
    Was supposed to take Karen down to see the surgeon that did her GallBladder and a couple days later Rehab to see if they can help Karen more with the seating. I am so out of it that Karen booked both on Para Transit.
    As I said hopefully over the next few days things will improve.
    Saturday we were supposed to do Ukrainian Christmas but that will in all likelihood get put off a week or so.

4. lisamjw

lisamjw MobiStaff Site Staff

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Definitely not the way to start the new year! Please take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are feeling! Sending you healing hugs and vibes. ;)

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and Starzee like this.
  5. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    How are you feeling now Larry?

GroovyGouvy, lisamjw and Lzed like this.
  6. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Get better soon! Lots of horrible stuff going around here too which seems to linger for ages.

Great to have your weekly commentary again, Larry.

7. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    7 January 2018

Not having a good couple days, we were supposed to be doing Ukrainian Christmas but instead I landed up in hospital. Yesterday morning I had diarrhea and didn't make the bathroom, but at least on bare floor. Got to the bathroom and on the throne then found between the cold shakes when I went to bed and again in the middle of the night I was so weak I couldn't get up. Steven and David came over but not a lot they could do. My back pain was really high also. The boys got me on a blanket after I fell off the throne and pulled me over to the stairs. Unfortunately my back was so sore I couldn’t get up so laid at the top of the stairs. In the end the wife and boys phone the ambulance so they came and got me which was trial on its own, had to get me down half a set of stair and outside to the stretcher. Hindsite being 20 20 they could have used the lift but no one was thinking straight. After a very rough ride to hospital in a very tight stretcher then the waiting starts. Actually not to bad this time, only about 2.5 hours. So lots of bloodwork and from that doctor wanted an ultrasound, they at first thought gallbladder or bile duct. Anyways by 8 pm I was done with ultrasound and moved me up to the ward. Last night was very interrupted, seemed like I would drift off for an hour then lay there as long. Today has been zoning out most of the day. Had a couple mouthfuls of scrambled eggs and some milk. Lucnh I only ate the butterscotch pudding. Supper I guess they brought it and I was asleep and eventually took it away so nothing from it. The doctor was in just after 7 and he figures a sever intestinal infection so are going to put me on something to slow the diarrhea and just came and started a thing of hydro morphine so maybe things will calm down a bit. Been quite a couple days so far. Will see how long they will keep me in but probably a few days at least. Tomorrow they are supposed to be to talk home healthcare but will see, would rather be able to get out under my own power... anyways that’s about it for now

8. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Oh my goodness. :eek: What a saga and it’s not over yet!:( The symptoms sound like something the doctors should recognise. It doesn’t sound to me like an intestinal infection, but I’m not a doctor. It would have been different if you’d had diarrhea and the hot and cold things together, but ... anyway, at least you’re getting treated now, so that’s good. Try to throw yourself into doing nothing and get well soon.

9. lisamjw

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My goodness, Larry!! So sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly! I hope you start feeling like your old self very, very soon!

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and Lzed like this.
  10. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    11 January 2018

They are going to let me out tomorrow. I am feeling somewhat better, still not steady and Karen has some concerns. On the 9th we had +2 and freezing rain, apparently more rain on the 9th then we had all month in last July. Karen says even though David threw ice melt around it’s still really slick. Temp after the 9th have been a steady drop so right now -25 and next couple of days supposed to sit around -30, forecast after that says right around freezing (0) by wed but will have to wait and see.
    Once I get home I will for the time being stay upstairs and will probably not go very far.

Well one thing that works is the grapevine. Have to laugh at it.... Mark from across the road saw the ambulance and he phoned his dad and told him, he in turn is good friends with Karen's cousin so he got a call. Once Jim was called he called all the other cousins and some started phoning Karen within about 20 minutes of the ambulance leaving. Karen said she did almost nothing but talk to various relatives all yesterday. She talked almost 4 hrs on the phone today before she had to come down to the hospital here for a follow up with her surgeon for the gallbladder. She stopped in on her way and will be back for a little while.

David is supposed to go get the walker for me that Physio requisitioned as well as one of those donuts for the toilet to raise the height more which will make it easier to get off of. They are talking that long term I might be better with a four wheeled walker instead of the canes. Karen used to have one and I could kick ourselves for getting rid of it once she no longer could use it but who knew.... it had brakes and a seat so if you get tired you could lock the brakes and sit. We had actually talked about it before so might happen sooner then later. Will see how tomorrow goes.

RoseCat, GroovyGouvy, JillyG and 2 others like this.
  11. lisamjw

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Best of luck to you Larry as you continue on the road to recovery!

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  12. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Indoors sounds like a good place to be in that freezing weather. I’m pleased that you’re improving. Keep up the good work. That’s such a funny story about the grapevine! You don’t need to use your phone to let everyone know, just let the neighbours do it.

RoseCat, GroovyGouvy and lisamjw like this.
  13. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    12 January 2018

Finally home but not without its challenges...
    My son was supposed to pick up a commode but never made it to the place so now have to figure out some way until monday so I had Steven come and he put different handrails on toilet so will see how those work if I need them, otherwise everyone was telling me to put a cork in it till monday :) I have such funny brats....

In any case saw the OT gal just after lunch. In the morning they were trying to find a wheelchair that they could send me home in as they decided they needed the bed more than I needed it. Found one to find after they cleaned it up that it belonged to another dept and they didn’t want it to leave the hospital but finally about 3 pm they found one. Then they phoned a para cab and made arrangements for the to get me home and into the house.

Of course wheelchair would not fit through the back door so had to use walker to get inside. My jacket that David was supposed to put in the van never made it so didn’t have a coat so they warmed up some flannel blankets and put one around my shoulders and one around my legs and it wasn’t too bad. Thankfully a pretty short ride home, only 5-6kms.

Pretty much wiped out by then so went and sat on the bed and read for a while and Karen brought me soup for supper.

This morning trying a couple of old wheelchairs we had been given and one was to narrow but seat was higher but handrails on it were not adjustable so really difficult to get out of despite being higher. Instead the other wheelchair is slightly lower but made the difference up with a seat cushion of Karen’s and the arms on this do swing out of the way. The Walker they requisitioned is here but not quite what they asked for, it is narrower then the one on I had in the hospital which is good but doesn’t have what they called the glide kit which is smaller wheels on springs on the back legs, if there is little to no pressure it rolls on the wheel but when you put weight on the back it drops down onto the floor on rubber feet so will check on monday and see why this didn’t have the glide kit that was mentioned on the requisition.

Slept pretty good, some wake but just used to noise and lights and beeps and bells in hospital. Will take a couple nights to get used to the noise at home or lack there of.

A few days ago we got freezing rain then temps dropped and have been sitting around -30. Just incredible how much of a mess that made, most sidewalks are still all ice and you would have a very hard time finding ice melt around the City, Steven finally found some way down in the south end of the city but only a 20kg bag (44lbs) so he brought that and spread more on the walks and driveway. Tonight is supposed to be -30ish but by Wed we are supposed to be back above freezing but will see what really happens.

Anyways I am home and feeling somewhat better.

RoseCat, lisamjw, Starzee and 2 others like this.
  14. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Oh my goodness Larry, you’ve been through it. But I’m cheered by your final sentence. I think being at home will speed your recovery now.

MsDee, RoseCat, Lzed and 2 others like this.
  15. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy In My Bottom Phase...

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I so second Lisa's wishes. To me it sounds pretty much like a lung inflammation. But you can breath deeply and enough? Can't a doctor come and see you? I'm worrying. Please take care of yourself and Karen. [emoji177]

RoseCat, JillyG, Lzed and 1 other person like this.
  16. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    At least you are taken care of which is good. Somehow missed the date on the upper message and thought it was now. Now reading on I saw it was older and I have an update. Sending you the very best of wishes. Get well soon!!! [emoji177]

JillyG, Lzed and lisamjw like this.
  17. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Jilly has spoken my mind at the last two messages. Hope you feel better and stronger every day. All the best for you. [emoji177]

JillyG, Lzed and lisamjw like this.
  18. lisamjw

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Bless your heart, Larry! You've had a rough start to the new year but I, too, am encouraged by your last sentence. Sending you hugs and hope that you continue to feel better.

JillyG and Lzed like this.
  19. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    Today is sunny and up to about -11c and pretty calm so not a bad day.

Slept good last night but drank too much too late last night so was up twice through the night, Oh well have to get back into the old routine and drink more during day and very little after 7pm then maybe I will sleep right through. But still a much better sleep then the past week so that is progress. Talked on the phone to Karens brother Barry and Linda and Henry called so I had to say hello.... They are heading down to California in March so we may not see them until after that which suits me just fine.
    Karen is making Fagiolli soup for supper which is good, I like her soups.
    Funny how you find some things easier with one walker than the other. The new one is maybe an inch too wide to get into the one bedroom but will go into the half bath and while it does fit along the side of the bed I can’t turn it around like Karens old one, I would have to pick it up higher then the bed and then turn it but I can manage. Getting around is getting very slowly better (easier). Would be nice if it was nice enough to get outside but that ain’t gonna happen for a while.

RoseCat, tommy71k, lisamjw and 3 others like this.
  20. lisamjw

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Glad to hear things are slowly getting better for you!

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  21. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    David brought the commode over after he got off work. Convent as he works maybe a five minuted drive from the Abilities Council Office and warehouse.
    In any case a very different one from what I had in the hospital. Just the design is wrong for our toilet and this one has a bar set farther back that means it is sitting to far forward so I can’t just use it to raise seating height, I am sure if I did some cutting etc I could get to work right but...

These items are supplied by the Government SAIL program to provide us with equipment if we need it. Doesn’t cost us anything but technically the equipment is always owned by the government so you not supposed to muck with it and if you get better and no long need it you take it back to them. Has been a great program and that is how Karen got her lift and her Power Chairs over the years.

OT is sending a girl to see us friday morning to have a look at what we already have and what we could use. I am hoping she has some ideas for seating. While the old wheelchair has been pretty good so far after sitting for a long time I stiffen up some and I think would be better if I had something with footplates but will see what she thinks. Also had a call from Home Care, just checking to see how I am coping getting dressed etc (not an issue right now) Will check about a different commode maybe but again will see.

RoseCat, lisamjw and GroovyGouvy like this.
  22. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Crossing fingers they'll have a more convenient one. Get well soon, my dear! Send you the best of healing wishes. [emoji177]

Lzed and lisamjw like this.
  23. lisamjw

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Sounds like things are progressing. Hope you have a good and productive visit with OT on Friday!

Lzed likes this.
  24. Lzed

Larry Zasitko
    Device:
    iPad
    21 Jan 2018

Not the way I wanted to start things here but will try to play catchup as I am behind....

Strange clouds... This was taken by Steven yesterday when they went ice fishing. They were out and started fishing by 9am and called it quits around 2pm so he lasted longer then I thought he would. Between the three of them Steven and Janelle’s Dad each caught a small perch which was too small to eat so released them. The third person caught two tiny perch and a Walleye but all were to small to keep so everyone came home with nothing.
    Steven took this with his iPhone 7Plus.

3AA44C0E-00EA-43C6-ACEF-70A197D5C23D.jpeg

I have never seen clouds like this before.
    Steven said where they were ice was still almost 30” thick. Another idiot did go through the ice by the boat launch but Steven said most should know better, right around the boat launch is an outlet so water is always running under the ice and makes the ice there much much thinner.

OT Girl was here Friday morning for a couple hours so talked a bit and showed her what we have done around the house. About the only thing that she is getting me is a bench for the tub. I am pretty shaky still and so have been using Karen’s walker in the shower but have nearly slipped a couple times. I had asked about handrails in the tub but we have one of those molded planting tub surrounds so it could be hard to get them secure. I asked about the suction cup ones and she said 99% of the time they will hold and be fine but if it let go I would likely break my neck if I fell so may pull the tub surround out and see about tiles and put in handrails. Otherwise we have most stuff here already so not much else for the time being. Still hope I am going to get a lot steadier than I am at the moment.
    David and Heather brought up most of my cloths from the laundry room but didn’t bring hangers, so Steven when he came over today got them so I could hang them up.
    Talked to my cousin Margarita out in North Van for over an hour. They tried the suction cup handrails and Mila decided to try it before he would let Marg try them and he had one let go so they in the end put in the ones fastened to the wall studs.

FundyBrian, RoseCat, lisamjw and 2 others like this.
  25. GroovyGouvy

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    That sounds as it's slowly getting better. Maybe the still feeling weak will go with getting warmer though it might take a while in Canada. Where I've been at the museum the day before yesterday, there were even the little daisies in the grass before the entrance. So still winter, without seeing any snowbells before, there must be spring on the way. World is crazy. Let's be part of it. [emoji4] get well soon, darling! [emoji177]

RoseCat and Lzed like this.