Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE DONATE > Don't forget your generosity not only helps maintain YOUR MobiTog but, as a MobiSupporter, increases your MobiAlbums, THANK YOU!
  3. > iPhone X or iPhone 8 / 8 Plus < Got One Yet? Click & tell!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Scotland!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by WildPlace, 27 November 2017.

1. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hello, I was very happy to discover this community - i've just completed the Bob Weil iPhoneography Photo Art Composition course which I enjoyed a lot - I found the link to this forum in the resources there.

A little background: I've been snapping away since saving up 10 shillings for my first camera when I was 8 years old (yes, i'm pretty ancient). I went fully digital in 2004 before that I had a conventional darkroom - i've always liked to experiment.

Since getting an iPhone in 2015 I find myself using it more and more - mainly because I always have my phone with me! Lately i've been mulling over doing a photo a day project during 2018 using my phone and was happy to see that you have a section on here for that.

I'm pretty much a beginner with the various photo apps on my iPhone and iPad but am enjoying experimenting.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

richardcb, lisamjw, JillyG and 3 others like this.
  2. Venomator

Venomator MobiAdmin Admin Site Staff

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    WildPlace - Hiya Yvonne and very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us from Bonnie Scotland (whereabouts?)... :D

We are very pleased you have made it to our awesome community, you will find the community extremely relaxed and laid back, we look forward to helping you make the most of your Mobile Photography and incentivising you through 2018 on your Mobi365... :thumbs:

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms and we look forward to seeing more of you within the community... :)

For help using MobiTog, general guidance and other assistance, including how to use the Gallery and post iMages, there are loads of useful items in the How Do I Section just click > HERE

And RoseCat will be along shortly to give you some even more helpful pointers, but the best advice is just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

If you should need any assistance at all figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

RoseCat likes this.
  3. terse

terse MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ted
    Device:
    iPhone 7
    Welcome to MobiTog! You'll find plenty of ancient company here (myself included). :lmao: RoseCat will be along with her new user cheat sheet, but whenever you have questions, just give a shout. It can be a bit confusing finding your way around at first.

I see you found the B/W weekly challenge already -- good photo.

4. sinnerjohn

sinnerjohn MobiLifer

John
    Device:
    Samsung
    Hi there, welcome. Just keep on doing what you've already done POST POST POST !!

5. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thanks for the welcomes Venomator terse and sinnerjohn Yes, just trying to figure out my way around here but i'm sure i'll get the hang of it :)

To answer your question Venomator i'm in the Outer Hebrides (South Uist).

lisamjw, FundyBrian and Venomator like this.
  6. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Welcome. I’m sure you’ll find several like-minded friendly folks to interact with.

lisamjw, RoseCat and Venomator like this.
  7. RoseCat

RoseCat CandyCane Unicat... Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Hi Yvonne, and welcome to MobiTog... so glad you joined us! :D You have come to the right place to learn about mobile photography and hone your skills. :thumbs: Take a look around, maybe join a challenge or two, and feel free to ask us any questions - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!! :whistle:

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

At the top right of the website you'll see a big question mark -->?<-- labeled Help - click on that any time and it will bring you to our detailed help section. You can also click this link: https://www.mobitog.com/index.php?help/

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
    Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
    Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
    For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
    An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site in the orange bar you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like Jilly's Black & White Challenge, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, a fun group challenge Elements of Surprise (EOS), and a super interesting and fun challenge Time Stamp run by FundyBrian where everyone around the globe posts up an image on the same day and time. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

lisamjw and Venomator like this.
  8. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    FundyBrian, JillyG, lisamjw and 2 others like this.
  9. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Lovely to have you here Yvonne. I see that you’re in Scotland - a fantastic place for atmospheric images. Where in that lovely country do you live? I’m looking forward to seeing some of it in your images. :thumbs:

lisamjw, RoseCat and Venomator like this.
  10. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hi JillyG thanks for the welcome! :) I live in the Outer Hebrides, in South Uist - though i'm an incomer here - i'm from Shropshire originally but have lived in the islands for the last 17 years.

FundyBrian, JillyG, lisamjw and 2 others like this.
  11. lisamjw

lisamjw MobiStaff Site Staff

Lisa Waddell
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Welcome to Mobitog, Yvonne! It's a pleasure to meet you. Looking forward to seeing your images.

JillyG likes this.
  12. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hi Lisa good to meet you too! I think i'm gradually finding my way around, there's so much interesting stuff and so many great images on this site.

lisamjw, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  13. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Ohhhh, I LOVE the Outer Hebrides.:inlove: I’ve never been to South Uist, but I have been to Lewis and Harris. What islands! The scenery, the birds, the blue sea and the beaches. Fabulous.

FundyBrian, lisamjw and RoseCat like this.
  14. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    On my list!

lisamjw and JillyG like this.
  15. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Well you should definitely visit the Uists and Barra - all very different to either Lewis or Harris :) I do feel very lucky to live here and only a 10 minute walk from a 20 mile beach. Birds is one of my main things in life...

FundyBrian, lisamjw and JillyG like this.
  16. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Maybe i'm biased but it's definitely worth a visit! ;)

lisamjw, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  17. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    ... and ours.:inlove:

lisamjw and RoseCat like this.
  18. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Cool - even more reason to visit the Uists then!

lisamjw, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  19. richardcb

richardcb MobiStaff Site Staff

Richard
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Hi, Yvonne. Welcome to MobiTog. You couldn't find a better, more friendly group of iPhone snappers than you'll find here. I advise you to ask questions - lots of them!

Your history in photography is very similar to mine, emerging from an era of big, heavy cameras, film and darkrooms into the digital age where we all carry cameras in our pockets. Amazing, ain't it? :)

20. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hi Richard thanks for the welcome, yes everyone seems really friendly - i can't understand why i never heard of this forum before!

I love the freedom of using my mobile for photography - i still have to lug large equipment around sometimes as i do some bird photography and usually i have my DSLR with me when out and about as well, but a lot of the time these days i'm just as happy with the photos from my phone, maybe because you're more spontaneous when photographing things with the phone rather than overthinking all the settings etc. and i think that shows up in the images that people get.

21. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    That’s what took me away from my SLR... too much thinking about and futzing with settings when I just want to capture the moment. Along with schlepping around all the kit. :barf:

lisamjw likes this.
  22. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yes, tell me about it - I spent 6 months having physio on my shoulder after I spent a whole day carting around my DSLR, big lens and tripod. I think my muscles have adapted now but if he's with me I usually try to get my husband to carry the tripod for me - but people are always saying to him "oh, I like the way you get your wife to carry your camera for you!" :rolleyes: Hmmm, he's not even allowed to touch my camera or lens after he dropped my previous one and smashed all the screen and dented the body.

FundyBrian, RoseCat and lisamjw like this.
  23. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    People. Oh brother. :rolleyes::barf:

:lol:

24. rajesh

rajesh MobiStarlet

Rajesh
    Device:
    iPhone SE
    Hi Yvonne I'm happy to welcome you to Mobitog. Here u can find lots of fun, focus and enjoy learning as well. Awaiting to see your clicks. :thumbs:

25. WildPlace

WildPlace MobiStarlet

Yvonne
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hello! Thanks for the welcome :)

lisamjw likes this.