Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. > iPhone X or iPhone 8 / 8 Plus < Got One Yet? Click & tell!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DONATE > PLEASE - consider contributing to MobiTog's monthly running costs via DONATE? We are extremely low on funds, your generosity will help us continue to maintain YOUR MobiTog Community, THANK YOU!

Time Stamp Awesome Awards: TS79 2pm Saturday May-13

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 10 May 2017.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp, no theme.

Overview:

Participants are invited to make pictures for the TimeStamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the TimeStamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on TimeStamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The TimeStamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!
    Did you notice the new addition to the intro?

ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  3. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Hey...great idea!! :thumbs:

And I'm in! I'll be working all day/night at our big event, McDonald’s Gospelfest, so I should get something interesting.

4. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    IMG_4514.JPG
    Time Stamp & magic mushrooms?

mwolfer, ImageArt, Starzee and 3 others like this.
  5. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    I'm in.

FundyBrian likes this.
  6. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in. Yes, love the new intro.

RoseCat and FundyBrian like this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    2 pm tomorrow puts me right inside our first kayak outing time! Weather permitting, of course. I'll have to rig up a neck strap so I won't be worried about dropping my 7+ overboard.

mwolfer, JillyG, Ryn S and 1 other person like this.
  8. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
  9. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Love the new intro and the Time Shift Exemption. Brilliant idea.

FundyBrian likes this.
  10. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Directly from our choir rehearses all weekend. We were nearly finished with our lunch when the alarm set off. Because of perfect wifi I'll post right while we are singing Rocketman and cut it in bits and pieces to get the right notes when we will present it to our audience next Sunday.
    First picture: the choir has a break at the "Pagode" (pagoda), the meeting room at our office building, mostly used for serious business meetings. But therefore it's the choir of the company we were allowed to use it. In the back through the curtains you have quite a nice view over Frankfurt.

HipstamaticPhoto-516370851.885962.jpg

The boys are trying out some chords while the others still eat or chat.

HipstamaticPhoto-516370027.970328.jpg

The terrace around the "Pagode" leads in three directions two have quite a nice view over my home city.
    The first:

HipstamaticPhoto-516370113.271693.jpg

And the second, even nicer and brighter though the dark clouds seemed to promise rain coming but it cleared up again within the next 2 minutes. The hills in the back between the houses is the Taunus, the closest hills and forest to Frankfurt.

HipstamaticPhoto-516370502.454424.jpg

Now I need to concentrate again on our notes and voices.
    Have a great weekend everybody!

RoseCat, zenjenny, FundyBrian and 6 others like this.
  11. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

FundyBrian likes this.
  12. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    HOME!

Actually I'm stuck upstairs because the painters are painting the hallway and I can't easily get down so shot these pics from the bedroom window. A bit miffed that they are not yet finished despite the fact that it was organised months ago. Oh well they have done a great job and perfection takes time I guess but the house is covered in a white powder so daren't open any of the few boxes from the loft. A bed is all we have at the moment with a couple of essential kitchen things. I am in limbo with no broadband :( and only precious PAYG 500Mb but Timestsmp is a priority ;). 26th is the soonest I will have broadband! :eek:

The back garden is a bit of a jungle where the shrubs are concerned. The DH, bless his cotton socks, mowed the lawn the day we got back and then promptly celebrated our return by insisting on a barbecue which we sorely missed in HK!

With so much time to spare messed around with Imaengine and iColorama. We are lucky to have a forest at the end of the garden.
    IMG_7687.JPG

Our dishevelled patio with the barbecue in pride of place.
    IMG_7681.JPG

RoseCat, zenjenny, Starzee and 6 others like this.
  13. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Just look at the concentration on the faces of the boys. Sounds like you're having a great time Gouvy. Wonderful images.

Starzee, ImageArt and GroovyGouvy like this.
  14. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Yay, welcome home Ann. It's lovely to have you on the same continent. We hate having workmen in to do anything too, but once it's all over, you'll love it and forget the inconvenience.

15. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Rog and I were in a department store in Peterborough at 2pm, so there was plenty to photograph - maybe too much.:lol:

IMG_4006.JPG
    I liked the sentiment on this one.

IMG_4012.JPG
    I think these are some sort of lolly.

HipstamaticPhoto-516373466.757693.jpg
    HipstamaticPhoto-516373563.707551.jpg
    And two especially for Time Stamp. These were Hipstamatically edited.:D

idieuwke, RoseCat, zenjenny and 8 others like this.
  16. Venomator

Venomator MobiAdmin Admin Site Staff

Rog...
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Belatedly 'In', again... :D

Shoppinggggggggg... :barf:

My way... :rog:
    IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1762.JPG

Ted does it best, unfortunately not in Green... :whistle:
    IMG_1763.JPG

iPhone 7 Plus Native Camera... :look:

RoseCat, zenjenny, Starzee and 6 others like this.
  17. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Bet, Brian will be pleased with the cool clock pictures. And I pretty like the saying in the frame. Sooooo true!!!
    Singing is now over for today. Tomorrow we'll go on at another place. So I'll soon call it a day and wish all good night.

FundyBrian, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  18. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Posting and running!! Busy busy busy busy.... (can hardly wait to see how many steps today in the health app!) We're currently in the middle of contestant check in and star act sound checks (that's Donnie McClurkin's choir on stage.)

No edits just straight from camera roll.

IMG_5152.JPG IMG_5155.JPG IMG_5156.JPG IMG_5157.JPG

TIME SHIFT EXEMPTION EDIT:
    Here's a few more photos from my stationed post at last night's event, giving you some perspective of where I was, and a video I put together today in Cinematic using a few short clips taken last night especially for Time Stamp.

I was helping run the PowerPoint and short video clips that ran on the giant stage screen + other screens throughout the arena. During the competition portion we would put up the name of the contestant for a brief moment while they were being announced by the host. It was imperative that all of the slides were in the same order as the script and matched with the person/group who were performing. If there was a change to the script (say, one of the female soloists was *missing* aka not where we told her to be , so she missed her competition performance) I had to first fly over to stage left and correct the scripts of the hosts, then make sure the PowerPoint reflected it.

During the concert half of the event we ran short videos in between the acts, or to introduce the acts. Again, timing and accuracy are key. I had a sore throat by the end of the night because we were in the stage right wings and it was LOUD, so I had to shout everything, sometimes screaming "ROLL VIDEO!!!!!" 2-3 times because the guy near me was either zoned out or seemed unable to hear me...

I clocked 6 miles in my health app! Not only is it a huge arena, but there were MANY back & forth trips through the backstage walk thru, going from stage right to left back and forth again and again. ‍♀️

All in all it was a successful night... Anthony Brown & Group Therapy, and Israel Houghton were just amazing with a crazy great energy that brought the arena to their feet (my first time hearing them), Donnie McClurkin was ridiculously good as always (his voice has this timbre that reaches inside... I can't really describe or explain it but his voice is just stupid good ️) and Fantasia was our special guest star and she was A-MAZING. Her performance came from some deep place inside her, and almost made me cry. I was really surprised and moved by her performance... (wish I had thought to video part of it, but I was a bit swept away and didn't think to pull out my iPhone)

IMG_5170.JPG
    IMG_5172.JPG
    IMG_5173.JPG

Last edited: 14 May 2017
  19. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    I took the picture at 2.08 and then realised that all the clocks (well, nearly all) said 1.50. Strange.:lol:

FundyBrian and RoseCat like this.
  20. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Hah, John Lewis. That is exactly where I should have been at 2pm! John Lewis in Kingston. I went all the way to Kingston and then got a call from the painter to say that he didn't have a key to get in. I didn't realise that the weekly painters expected me to be home. So it was all the way back home after having been there for 10 minutes. Can you sense a bit of frustration coming through by any chance? :confused:

Funny I recognised the John Lewis look from the very first photograph! Love the clocks!

21. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Can't wait 'til you post a video of the chorus in action.

22. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    2 PM, and, surprise, we're at home, waiting for the rain which is forecast to start any moment now. The weather this month has been awful, lots of rain and coolish. It's put a dent in our house painting, which would be a lot closer to completion if not for the weather.
    fullsizeoutput_4450.jpeg
    Besides the painter's gear this afford an excellent view our "freedom" lawn.
    Not much else is happening, so I'll post of few more garden shots.
    fullsizeoutput_4447.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4452.jpeg

All tweaked in Snapseed

23. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What a pretty house!

24. mwolfer

mwolfer MobiLurver

Melissa 'Mel'
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Mothers day eve flowers
    We had a lovely brunch with our children this morning. I was given a lovely bunch of tulips.

HipstamaticPhoto-516402451.325307.jpg

iPhone 7 Plus
    Camera+
    Hipstamatic

25. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    We were out running errands...

"Shake 'n Take" on Hipstamatic

Waiting at the light
    HipstamaticPhoto-516391271.680572.jpg

Hoping to see rain today... we are in severe dryness here... wild fires all around...
    HipstamaticPhoto-516391284.781700.jpg

Grocery Store
    HipstamaticPhoto-516408127.844277.jpg

FundyBrian, ImageArt, RoseCat and 5 others like this.