Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE DONATE > Don't forget your generosity not only helps maintain YOUR MobiTog but, as a MobiSupporter, increases your MobiAlbums, THANK YOU!
  3. > iPhone X or iPhone 8 / 8 Plus < Got One Yet? Click & tell!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp AWARDS! TS82 2pm Saturday June-3

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 1 June 2017.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Overview:

Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

RoseCat likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

Did you notice "Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone" in the intro?

JillyG and GroovyGouvy like this.
  3. RoseCat

RoseCat ExBest AppWhore... Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    LMAO!!! I love it. :lol: :sneaky: (Oops.... I just used an acronym!! :eek: )

JillyG, GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  4. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I'm in!

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  5. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    II!! Oops, I used the acronym for I'm in! Seriously, I don't even know what most of them mean.

6. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I am in :lol:

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and FundyBrian like this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Some acronyms we use so much we forget the actual meaning. See you at 2 post meridiem. This one is actually Latin, but perhaps "past midday" would do. Or avoid it all together and say 14:00 hours. I wonder why we never switched to metric time.

JillyG, Starzee and GroovyGouvy like this.
  8. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  9. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I mostly wrote 14 h and then have to correct it to 2pm. Is so easy, but grew up with the 24hrs mode.
    I'm in and will probably at home. It's only another half an hour. Dyed my shorts and some T-shirts, they were just dry and I got them in. Now I'll make myself ready to go out. Need the mall for some food. It's a long weekend here, means Sunday and Monday are holidays = Pfingsten (Pentecost/Whitsun), so shops will be open again on Tuesday.
    Think I'll stay till 2pm and give you an update on my tomatoes.
    The weather is good at moment, but no blue sky or sunshine. Just dry and warm. Rain will come. Oh, if I continue to write it will be Time Stamp time and I can post right here.
    So I'll loose some more words about Pentecost Tuesday in Frankfurt. It was a very special day, no it still is and has a special Name here: "Wäldchestag" (Day of the Wäldchen). Since the late 1700's the citizens of Frankfurt were allowed on this day to collect wood for the winter in the Wäldches, which is the Frankfurt City Forest, but means tenderly in Frankfurtian language (Hessian) little forest. It is said, that richer people came with their servants and food and drink to collect the wood. The first poems and stories about swarms of Frankfurters gathering together for food and drink were written from 1802 on.

Later, in the 1960's, where my memories are from, it turned to a fair, where huts with food, drinks, raffle ticket booths and carousels were there. Meanwhile from Pentecost Saturday on.

Now the alarm went off. Gotta take the pictures and it just started to rain.
    Piccies taken. Aww, now I even have to go inside it seems it rains horizontally.

Back to the story: But the best on Pentecost Tuesday was, that almost everything was closed down at noon, the schools, kindergarten, shops, offices, everything but gas stations and hospitals, so parents and their children could go out to the little forest and celebrate it. Often it rained and we went through muddy paths, but we were together out on a weekday. Half of Frankfurt must have been there. Maybe more.
    But in the 90's they said they can't afford it any longer and the half holiday was crossed out. That was sad, really. But the fair is still on. From Saturday to Tuesday. If you want to go on Tuesday, you'll have to take half a day or a day off.
    Think I should go this year for the old memories. But not now, it rains enough to change my plans and only go to Aldi for the necessarys.

But first the Hipsta pictures, let's see if there are some nice ones.
    Oh yes:
    Do you remember: The Zebra sniffing at the tomatoes? Meanwhile it's hardly visible!

HipstamaticPhoto-518184244.464167.jpg

The little Buddha watching over the strawberries? Now the strawberries watching over him!

HipstamaticPhoto-518184267.562546.jpg

The lavender that just started with a rim of purple on its (two) buds? It's really blooming now!

HipstamaticPhoto-518184159.175896.jpg

And the first tomato buds are coming, too!

HipstamaticPhoto-518184013.220075.jpg

14.25 h: And this is the end of real Time Stamp report.

Last edited: 3 June 2017
    Ryn S, Lzed, mwolfer and 6 others like this.
  10. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Sorry, me again. Outside the TS-window. Just watered the plants, the first time in daylight since last week. And one tomato already has blossoms! Shyly turned to its back so I couldn't see them before.

HipstamaticPhoto-518186606.964235.jpg

Lzed, mwolfer, deepop and 6 others like this.
  11. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Great story, Gouvy. Seems very much like stream-of-consciousness writing.
    You plants are certainly coming along nicely.

12. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What a really lovely update! Enjoyed reading the history immensely. And you have such a wonderful viewpoint and way of saying things ... 'Shyly turned its back...' So expressive!

RoseCat, GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  13. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    At home at 2pm today, catching up on the washing as it's such a perfect day for drying washing - warm and windy. I decided to try out the new Hipsta Denali pak on my Time Stamp photos.

HipstamaticPhoto-518188388.962609.jpg
    A double exposure of my wooden raised beds and my tractor tyre, which now has sugarsnap pea plants in it.

HipstamaticPhoto-518187786.398802.jpg
    A daisy with ants, farming the blackfly.

HipstamaticPhoto-518188012.408866.jpg
    A poppy.

And, one for GroovyGouvy Gouvy.
    HipstamaticPhoto-518188509.820615.jpg
    A flowering bush made purple with some tweaks in Tint and Temperature.

OriginalPhoto-518187706.266678.jpg Here's a photo of my tractor tyre planted with peas.

sinnerjohn, Lzed, mwolfer and 6 others like this.
  14. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Well, I am at home too. We only have one car at the moment and the DH is not yet back from golf. It's a glorious day and I have just eaten my salad on the patio. Sigh... Did miss this so much but on the flip side I also miss the proximity of everything in HK. I did walk into town this morning through the forest and along the towpath (which I love but only do when I know lots of people are about) to catch up on the internet and to save what precious SIM data I have. I STILL don't have broadband and it will now only be arriving on the 13th June. Groan. It will be a whole month - it has been painful.

Anyhow, the garden might still be a little wild but just glorious so here are my pics all edited in Snapseed.

The chives which have now gone to flower!
    IMG_5862.JPG
    A rather unusual looking insect
    IMG_5863.JPG
    IMG_5864.JPG

Ryn S, sinnerjohn, mwolfer and 6 others like this.
  15. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    You just beat me! Isn't it just such a lovely day and wonderful to be out in the garden. Love the daisy with this pak.

Ryn S, RoseCat, GroovyGouvy and 2 others like this.
  16. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Yes, it's my favourite sort of day. Whites seem to stay white with this pak, but everything else has a rosy tone. I'd like to see what others do with it.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  17. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It's a bit shocking seeing your lovely green garden turned brown like winter but the pictures are dramatically different.
    I think the insects on the daisy stem being attended to by ants are aphids. They suck plant juices and exude a sweet honeydew that the ants harvest.

RoseCat, GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  18. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It seems this time we have a garden thread. lovely to see all those plant in your gardens.
    Thanks JillyG for the my flowers. the tractor tyre looks so great now. So cool we saw its improvement.
    ImageArt Ann, the chives look so lovely, too! Is it true you can or shan't eat them when they have bloomed?
    I'm not always sure when I use my kinda decorative words creations that it's alright, but I'm happy for every phrase that can surprise or touch English mother-tongue speaker.
    FundyBrian: yes there are aphids, but until I've posted the b/w "massacre" I always thought ants only farming the green ones, but Jilly knew better, they don't care for the colour.
    Meanwhile I found the real massacre on the daisies (do you call everything daisy if it looks like an egg just nicer rims? Here the big ones are called "Magerite", … wait have to ask the dictionary … yes, it seems you do! There is only a French daisy which implements it is a bigger one than the "Gänseblümchen" (little flowers go geese = daisies). Funny, how do you know if it's the big or small ones you talk about?
    Sorry, got distracted again: here is the real massacre picture:

IMG_5630.JPG

When the lady birds or in this case their larvaes are out to get their share.
    (No Hipsta, just manual cam and cut in cam roll)

mwolfer, deepop, MsDee and 2 others like this.
  19. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I am trying out a new app: CameraB. It sounded interesting to I sprung for the $3.99 +tax= $4.59. A bit too much methinks.
    The camera portion of this app is fairly plain. It is the lens and films selections that make it interesting. Each lens and film is well described as to its effect on images so you don't have to stumble about wondering what is going to happen.
    Unfortunately, a great many blackflies required I wear my bug net over my head to avoid going mad.
    All photos with close up lens.
    My first photo features the Summicron-M lens and Fuji RVP Velvia film, one I am fairly familiar with.
    In case anyone thinks RVP is an acronym it is actually a film type code.
    Watermarked2(2017-06-03-1434).jpg
    Also, I inadvertently selected 3:2 format.
    Just for comparison here is the same subject except with a film identified as National Geographic colour style.
    Watermarked3(2017-06-03-1434).jpg
    Next here's some Purple Avens starting to bloom. The one open bloom is about as open as they get.
    Still the same National Geographic film.
    Watermarked1(2017-06-03-1435).jpg
    Lastly, a Sensitive Fern frond just opening. It will lose the red later.
    Watermarked2(2017-06-03-1435).jpg
    It gets the name Sensitive because it is the very first fern to brown with the first hint of frost.
    Another interesting aspect to the app, not explored yet, is the ability to edit or create your own film types based on a 10 band colour HSL adjustment sliders.
    There are a few example "films" included to demonstrate these adjustments.
    Photos unedited.

mwolfer, deepop, MsDee and 4 others like this.
  20. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Today started out gray and rainy and I thought it was going to be another Timestamp day trying to find something inside my apartment. But then the rain stopped and the grey clouds parted and were replaced with masses of white cottony clouds, the sun came out, and I'm on the trail near my place. Life is good. :)

I love the shape of this leaf!

IMG_5380.JPG IMG_5381.JPG IMG_5382.JPG

All made with iPhone 7 Plus portrait mode; applied Structure in Snapseed.

Ryn S, mwolfer, MsDee and 5 others like this.
  21. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Lovely, lovely! Ah, have so missed having so much nature around!

Black flies :eek:? What are they? The only problem for me in NZ we're all the sand flies and boy did they bite and the bites itch for days!

FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  22. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Can so image the scene because it's like the wood behind my house. Even though I can't see the whole vista, I can just feel the tranquility!

23. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Beautiful! So Spring arrived in Canada as well. That is great. And the app seems to be good, but nothing really new? Though pretty sharp. Are them forget-me-nots on the first two?
    After the short rain today it was sooo sticky here. Went late to Aldi, now back in and yohoo, it's raining again. Better air now.

Ryn S and FundyBrian like this.
  24. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    A quick climate comparison. You no doubt remember deepop-David's lovely rhododendrons in bloom last week? Here is what our rhododendrons look like today.
    Watermarked(2017-06-03-1641).jpg

Ryn S, Lzed, mwolfer and 4 others like this.
  25. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Yes, Forget-me-nots. They grow wild here. I've never planted any but they are all over the place.
    Likewise the Purple Avens is a wildflower.
    Too soon to give a final verdict on the CameraB app. I'm interested in exploring the HSL editors for film types.
    On the negative side, the on-screen text is too hard to see in daylight.
    The shutter button is movable to left and right a bit. Not sure why.

RoseCat likes this.