Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. > iPhone X or iPhone 8 / 8 Plus < Got One Yet? Click & tell!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. NEW MobiTog HELP PAGES HERE! < Courtesy of Ted (@terse), THANKS Ted!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Awards: TS80 2pm Saturday May-20

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 18 May 2017.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp, no theme. Victoria Day Holiday weekend in Canada.

Overview:

Participants are invited to make pictures for the TimeStamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the TimeStamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on TimeStamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The TimeStamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

RoseCat likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

3. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I'm in, yes indeed! :D

FundyBrian likes this.
  4. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    In!

FundyBrian likes this.
  5. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    IMG_4879.JPG

RoseCat likes this.
  6. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in! Funny to think I would have posted a good 3 hours ago in HK.

RoseCat, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  7. Ryn S

Ryn S MobiPassionista MobiSupporter

Ryn S
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in - the trick is to see if I remember I'm in :-/

RoseCat, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  8. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  9. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Right. I find Time Stamp makes me think in terms of global time rather than just home time. Watching the sun rise reminds me how the world is rotating and all the places that have already seen sunrise before me, and will after.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  10. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  11. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Hah, me first!

Behind my home is a little wood, or small forest. In this wood there is the Muslim War Cemetary which was renovated while I was in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, I only started mobile photography in HK so I don't have any before photos but it had crumbled in places and was just a bed of weeds. I don't know who tends it now but it is kept beautifully.

Here's a piece about it from the internet:

Woking’s Muslim Burial Ground is a reminder of the significant contribution made by some three million Indian service personnel who fought alongside the Allied troops during the First and Second World Wars. It was built during the First World War as the only designated place of burial for Muslim soldiers who had died at the temporary Indian Army Hospital in Brighton Pavilion and elsewhere along the south coast. Those who died received burial rites according to their religion......However, rumours spread that Muslim soldiers were not receiving burial according to their religious customs. These were dispelled once the War Office commissioned a special burial ground at Woking, chosen for its close proximity to Britain’s only purpose-built mosque at that time.

All edited in Snapseed.
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

The double exposure was created in Snapseed with a flower from the gardens. The view was through the gates which you can see in the photo above:
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Last edited: 20 May 2017
  12. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    FundyBrian, GroovyGouvy and ImageArt like this.
  13. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Thanks, Dee.

FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  14. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Oh, Ann, I'd bet it's another story of your Asian trip. Isn't it astounding that we find things sometimes just around our corner what we used to travel for? lovely pictures!

15. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    See, who needs Hong Kong or New Zealand. Even when you're home you manage to find something exotic looking. What a find. :thumbs:

16. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Right, I'm second. It's my Mum's 90th birthday today, so I'm invoking the Time Shift Exemption. At just before noon, Nicola, my niece, and I dropped in to see Mum with presents, cards, balloons and a cake. When we got to the care home where Mum now lives, my brother's daughter, Rebecca, was there with her twins and her mother, my ex-sister-in-law (I hope you're keeping up - there'll be a test later!).
    IMG_4253.JPG
    The Birthday Girl.

IMG_4252.JPG
    Rebecca (my niece) and Matilda, one of my Mum's great-grandchildren.

image.jpg
    Finn, the other twin. Both children were a bit overwhelmed by the room full of people. I think it was all a bit much for Mum too.

MsDee, Starzee, FundyBrian and 2 others like this.
  17. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    This is weird! Could answer Ann's post and the wrote mine after the second picture loading up it just denied to. Saved everything in my notes to try later, wanted to say so, mobi app informed me again the I have no right to do so or I'm logged off.
    Logged back in and try again. Could at least like Jilly's great birthday pictures. Now let's see if I can post.

Starzee, ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  18. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Okay, will try again to post mine:

When the 10 to alert reminded me that time stamp is coming up I was in my car on my way to the mall. I thought I don't bore you again with mall pictures though they are inevitable during the year and pulled out to take another walk along the river Nidda as the sun came out, I was desperate for a walk anyway, and maybe I'll get another green pict for MC. I was lucky and got a parking space (could have been the time all dog owners and joggers are around with this great weather). And I took it for an experiment as well, because I attached my 2x tele lens to take the pictures. I was quite happy with this because on the screen I could see what I see with my eyes. Though the sharpness is not the same there is also some slight colour distortion, but in the end not as much that I'd throw it away. For a cheap lens actually quite fine.

So in the first I show you the greens, the embankment on the other side, the odd jogger and the blue hill rising between the trees is our Feldberg of the Taunus.

HipstamaticPhoto-516974531.197781.jpg

Next I heard a splashing sound and found a dog retrieving a stick. Had to catch this and because close enough I detached the tele and did this with the native cam in burst mode. Several great pictures and this is the best. The stick just hits the water and the beautiful dog does his best to catch it. (Tree on the left belongs to the part that is for birds only.)

IMG_2944.JPG

So next I have to turn to the left. You could almost forget you are in a city if not some buildings would peek out from time to time, like telecommunication tower in here. tele lens back on and Hipsta.

HipstamaticPhoto-516974907.820031.jpg

To the right on the way the woods are packed with sticks an other natural stuff to make a kind of fence and keep dogs and humans away from that part. The sign says "Nachtigallenwäldchen" (little forest of nightingales) and is the bird's department for breeding safely.

HipstamaticPhoto-516975107.251534.jpg

It then was already 2.22pm when I reached the weir to cross over to the other side and where I took the pictures I would have posted instead of the former ones. Forgive me to also post them in a collage, but you have to see this: (left -> right)

IMG_3273.JPG

1. This drew my attention and because of the tele lens you could even see it too: mother and child stood still to watch the goose (you can see its head sticking out of the grass). Walked over to see 2. Mum and Dad goose are watching their child (is it also "duckling" in English? Would have said "gooseling", well let's say baby goose. ), even a duck came along in the background. Some steps further I spotted 3. a Nutria and was so pleased it let me come closer to take some good pictures. And at last 4. a drake, almost black cleaning his feathers, but took time to look at the camera.
    Unfortunately they were all taken between 2.28 and 2.30.

After that I went to the mall, did my shopping and then, half past 4, sorted the pictures at Starbucks and wrote the story. But it doesn't let me post. Gotta go I see and see if I'm lucky there …
    Nope doesn't.

Now it did!!!

PS: logging off and on makes me crazy. Will reload the app when home and see if it continues to behave that way. It seems it throws me out when I'm taking too long, but without logging off properly.

MsDee, ImageArt, FundyBrian and 2 others like this.
  19. Ryn S

Ryn S MobiPassionista MobiSupporter

Ryn S
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It's rainy and cold (the furnace is back on again) and I'm not feeling real well so I'm reclining and watching
    Videos on how to use Procreate while using Sketch :) in other words...creating my ow fun :)
    IMG_0706.JPG

MsDee, GroovyGouvy, ImageArt and 3 others like this.
  20. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My teeny tiny garden (3 plants :rolleyes:) is growing nicely. I have a few challenges I'm not used to... namely watering them, as I'm on the second floor so they drip down below. I've tried using saucers underneath but you can't give them a good watering that way. So now I water them at 10:00pm so the dripping happens while people are (usually) inside.

IMG_5257.JPG
    Peppermint

IMG_5258.JPG
    Sage - she looks big and full but that's the angle. Growing narrow and tall at the moment... hopefully will get big, round and bushy as it grows.

IMG_5261.JPG
    IMG_5260.JPG
    My beloved Columbine which traveled with me when I moved. A friend of mine gave me wild columbine seeds (this was around 2001?) harvested from her mom's land in Oregon and I had them scattered about my garden. They reseed themselves easily and every year I'd have plants popping up in different places. I potted this one and brought it with me. This year I was so happy to see them popping up in several spots - each ground floor apartment has a rectangle of soil to use how they please.... unfortunately all 4 units under me are not interested in gardening and have bare rectangles. :barf:

Except now they each have at least one columbine.... :sneaky:

Not that I waved a few dried seed pods over my balcony last fall or anything..... nope, I would never do anything like that. :coffee:

Regarding the last photo: I really wanted to get a shot of their "face", but they're all pointed down. And where the light was I was just getting silhouettes. So I squished between the railing and the pot, hunkered down in all kinds of weird angles trying to hold the camera underneath, not fall over, plus tap the shutter button. Luckily my neighbor didn't happen to come out at that moment... (that's my door in the background with a "Please Remove Shoes" sign on it... so I was crouched right outside her door! :eek: )

Edited in Snapseed

21. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  22. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    How beautiful, Ann! You always seem to find wonderful story images no matter where you are. I just love the DE...

23. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    What a milestone, and your mum looks absolutely fabulous! (Can't believe she's 90! :notworthy: ) So great that you can all be together for this. And can I tell you how much I love the names Matilda and Finn??? :inlove:

24. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    What a beautiful place! I love the super modern tower (looks like something from The Jetsons!) peeking up from all that lushness. And what a great action image of the dog...perfectly captured. We call baby geese "goslings", and I love them. Your nutria looks like our groundhog....how cool that he let you get so close. :inlove:

25. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Sounds perfect. Feel better soon... xo Is that why the Altoids are there? I use them all the time for an upset stomach since they contain real peppermint oil. I keep them at home, in my car, at work... just in case.