Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. > iPhone X or iPhone 8 / 8 Plus < Got One Yet? Click & tell!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. NEW MobiTog HELP PAGES HERE! < Courtesy of Ted (@terse), THANKS Ted!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp AWARDS: TS75 2pm Saturday Apr-15

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 12 April 2017.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Saturday, 2pm, TimeStamp, no theme.

Overview:

Participants are invited to make pictures for the TimeStamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the TimeStamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on TimeStamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The TimeStamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Any questions? Let's try to get them sorted out before the big day.

• There will be an overview after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

• AWARDS! There will be some new virtual awards spontaneously made up as the occasions arise. The award winner will gain the privilege of wearing (flaunting), for one week, the virtual hat/cape/glasses/etc. associated with that award. Topics might be photojournalism, humour, documentary, brilliant observation, street photography, decisive moment, that was unexpected!, quick thinking under duress, inspired making of instant art, doing the best you can in a boring situation, etc. I will present the awards but participants may nominate other participants for awards of merit and even invent new awards as they see fit.

• Imagine being able to wear the Glowing Crown of Omnipotence for a whole week, where your every opinion expressed must accepted and acknowledged as undeniable truth.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

RoseCat likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
  3. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in!

FundyBrian likes this.
  4. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I'm in!

FundyBrian likes this.
  5. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I'm in.

FundyBrian likes this.
  6. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    I'm in.:thumbs:

FundyBrian likes this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
  8. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I.LOVE.CHRISTCHURCH

We are staying with friends in Christchurch and having a fantastic time. People told me that Christchurch wasn't pretty and not worth seeing but maybe that was 3 years ago before all the renovations and anyway the countryside around here is beautiful!

We were lucky today and had sensational weather. Our friends took us on a walk around the city and it was just fab. I told them about Timestamp so they planned our walk to be at the 'cathedral ' at 2pm. The beautiful main cathedral was devastated in the earthquake so a 'pop up ' temporary cathedral was built in the meantime made from large cardboard tubes and recycled materials.

So many other clever things have been done to help the city get back on it's feet. For example:
    They brought in containers and created a container shopping mall which is really funky and shop owners have kept these premises even when their own were restored because they are so successful.
    Old buildings waiting to be restored have beautiful graffiti on the sides to make them attractive

The front of the church:
    IMG_4834.JPG

The inside:
    IMG_4831.JPG

Across the road is a sort of memorial art installation. The chairs equal 185 which are the number of people killed in the earthquake of 2011:
    IMG_4851.JPG

Here's a photo from later of the actual devastated cathedral
    IMG_4927.JPG

MsDee, deepop, RoseCat and 3 others like this.
  9. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    A great story we would never hear about if you weren't there to report it. It really speaks of resilience and optimism. The temporary structure is pretty impressive. Your creative photos really illustrate the story well. Ingenious temporary construction. The chairs, empty chairs, representing the earthquake victims. It's a moving and very visual reminder.

ImageArt, RoseCat, JillyG and 2 others like this.
  10. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What pictures! Wow and . Amazing what they've done after the earth quake. Fantastic insights. Thank you Ann!

11. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Yes, agreed. You really haven't heard of the disaster before? It's closer to Canada than Germany, but even here it filled the news for a couple of days. What I always miss is a catch up like how they are doing a year after and so on. Thanks to Ann I'm up to date now.

FundyBrian likes this.
  12. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    In!

After yesterday's relaxing Friday (all closed for Karfreitag = Good Friday in Germany) I was not aware it's Time Stamp day when I got up this morning. But I knew I had to go to the mall to get some things for our Sunday meal, though my mum already got the asparagus.
    So the alarm got me by surprise. good that I've given it a name. and I took the opportunity to wish you all happy Easter!!! With snapping this year's decorations at the NWZ. I hurried through half the mall. I don't remember where I mentioned it before. Maybe here or on my 52's, but I saw them starting the displays and wondered about the big machines, digger and more, and thought it's part of their doing, but I was right and wrong at the same time. Yes, they just started, and no, the machines were not moved away, they are actually part of the show. Now enjoy the sights of Easter bunnies building up.
    All Hipsta, most were black and white and I had to re-random-hipstasise them now at Starbucks where I'm hopefully able to post them. Happy Easter to all of you around the globe!!!

IMG_6614.JPG
    IMG_6615.JPG
    IMG_6617.JPG
    IMG_6618.JPG

MsDee, ImageArt, deepop and 3 others like this.
  13. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Loved this story. Cute idea to decorate construction equipment with an Easter bunny theme. It puts a different slant on the Easter bunny, too. More of a real worker bunny than an unseen wimpy little bunny that sneaks around leaving eggs behind.

Starzee, ImageArt, RoseCat and 2 others like this.
  14. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Brilliant images Ann. That cardboard cathedral is amazing. And the chairs - so moving. Wonderful. Keep up the marvellous work. :thumbs:

ImageArt, FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  15. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Happy Easter to you Gouvy! Wonderful Easter images - even if they're not the "traditional" sort of Easter Bunny. Love the colours.

16. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    There's nothing remotely Easter-y about my images today. Nicola is staying for Easter and we went off to the Wildfowl and Wetland Trust to drop off some bird id books that Rog had done with. They were still in great condition, so I asked to WWT is they'd like them to put in their bird hides. They were delighted to take them.

IMG_3177.JPG
    Nicola identifying a duck that was upending in front of the hide. This was the same hide where we saw the swans and ducks being fed in February. No sign of them now.

IMG_3187.JPG
    Drama added in Snapseed. The view from the hide.

OriginalPhoto-513954366.275846.jpg
    Double Exposure in Hipsta of Nicola and a warden looking out of the windows.

MsDee, ImageArt, deepop and 3 others like this.
  17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    This weekend is a bit quiet and mellow, and I tried to reflect that in these images. The lily has bloomed (last week it had tightly closed buds)...

07DFA58E-39E5-4728-8A6E-CC3913104B74.jpg

7E4CE580-F9B3-4439-B175-FF2DD8EC42C2.jpg

Stackables, Snapseed, VSCO

MsDee, GroovyGouvy, ImageArt and 3 others like this.
  18. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wonderful views and quite fair weather in the UK obviously. Would be a place I'd go, too.
    We had some rain here though I didn't realise it at the mall.

JillyG likes this.
  19. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    How clever to use cardboard! It's actually quite beautiful and at first glance one wouldn't even realize it was cardboard. And the container shopping mall sounds absolutely brilliant. I've seen some gorgeous container tiny houses... I love this type of repurposing.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  20. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Very clever depiction of the Easter Bunny... I love these displays! (And with all this talk on MT about asparagus, now I'm craving some!)

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  21. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    So nice to know someone else will treasure one of your castaways. I love when that happens. What a beautiful view from the hide... and your DE is just lovely! Looks like you had a fun afternoon.

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  22. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I would say you were very successful in conveying quiet and mellow. Beautiful soft tonality while doing a good job preserving details in the whites.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  23. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wonderful site for a bird blind. Great view, too. It looks like a very upscale construction.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  24. JillyG

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Beautiful. I bet they smell lovely too.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  25. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It's starting to feel somewhat spring-like, in spite of the snowstorm that is supposed to arrive in a couple of days. About 5 minutes before 2 I photographed some of the earliest Alder catkins.
    At 2 I had arrived at the first Coltsfoot in bloom this year.
    IMG_3169.JPG
    Coltsfoot is the earliest wildflower blooming in spring. The only flowers blooming earlier would be cultivated crocuses planted in a bed right next to a house foundation on the south side. Crocuses farther from the house are still not showing above ground.
    The Coltsfoot is officially designated as a "noxious weed" (because of the vigorous leafy structure that appears later on) and attempts have been made to eradicate it in some areas. The flowers are lovely, though, and a very encouraging sign that spring is coming. Smaller than dandelions, with a more defined centre, the stems have scales and the leaves come out a few weeks later.
    IMG_3161.JPG
    Fusion.
    After our walk we dropped in to the Buddha Bear Café where Fabi had a nice glass of cider. I tried a little sip but my taste leans towards hot chocolate.
    IMG_3186.JPG
    Fusion & Gloomlogue. I decided to give Gloomlogue another try as a result of deepop - David's very nice results with it.
    The logo on the glass is their other enterprise, the Holy Whale Brewing Company which occupies another part of the Buddha Bear Coffee Roasters building and they both share the same seating area in the repurposed united church. They have several varieties of specialty beers on tap, fancy coffees, teas, hot chocolate, etc. They have done a nice job recycling the church pews into shorter benches around tables.

Last edited: 15 April 2017
    MsDee, Starzee, GroovyGouvy and 3 others like this.