Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MobiMono IS BACK... Hold onto your Blacks & Whites!

SOS lol

Discussion in 'Apps Discussion' started by Gennifer, 18 July 2012.

1. Gennifer

Gennifer Addicted

Hi all :) any input on juxtapose? i don't have it, have been using Iris for masking although still learning how to do it right...need a nice blender too..help?!

sdgareth likes this.
  2. BorisTheCrab

BorisTheCrab Addicted

Chris Spencer-Brown
    I use juxtaposer for a lot of my images. It takes a while to get the hang of it, trying to line up the two images can be tricky at times and you lose time trying to get it right. I think it needs a similar thing to superimpose where you can double tap your top image and it will auto size it for you.

It's really all about trial and error and a steady hand. And maybe patience! I recommend it and it's in my top 10 photo apps!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Delta likes this.
  3. Robert Lancaster

Robert Lancaster Searching for Groovy! Site Staff

Robert Lancaster
    I haven't used it either. It is on my wishlist though. :)
    However once I discovered Superimpose I don't think I have encountered a situation where I thought "Hang on Juxtaposer would help here".
    Superimpose is also $0.99 while Juxtaposer is $2.99.

4. mahoganyturtle

mahoganyturtle MobiTog iOTY 2012 Mobi Veteran

mel
    Delta, MsDee and theappwhisperer like this.
  5. lamkentucky

lamkentucky A Little Sparkler... Site Staff

Leslee Moore
    I use it frequently, especially for the Elements of Surprise challenge. I agree with Chris that it takes a bit practice, but I do like it.

Leslee

Sent from my iPhone using the MobiTog app

Delta likes this.
  6. sdgareth

sdgareth Mere nano mortal... Site Staff

Gareth Evans
    the app is well worth it :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

lamkentucky and Delta like this.
  7. Delta

Delta Pretty poisonous... MobiSupporter

Delta
    yes. I'm just learning to keep stamps !

yes x 2 . I have Superimpose but actually find Juxta easier to manuever but both take practice.

yes x3

yes x4

I call it my Zen app... removing background from the edge of a leaf - pixel, by pixel, by pixel...so Zen like ! :rolleyes:

8. Gennifer

Gennifer Addicted

you are ALL the best! thank you!!! so...juxtapose and image blender it is!

lamkentucky likes this.
  9. sdgareth

sdgareth Mere nano mortal... Site Staff

Gareth Evans
    Blender is quick n' easy, neat and tidy app. Have been wondering what alternative apps to blender Mtogger's use?

RoseCat likes this.
  10. Gennifer

Gennifer Addicted

great question! so would I..aaagghhh it's so overwhelming..superimpose..juxtaposer...image blender..im going loca...photogene2...help lmao

11. Gennifer

Gennifer Addicted

im losing mind lol

12. RoseCat

RoseCat Cat'sClockedIt... Site Staff

Catherine
    I haven't found anything quite like Blender! I love it!

Juxtaposer is great just to add an element, but it doesn't have the blend functions like Blender. FilterStorm has a masking/layering function, but I haven't mastered it just yet... :confused:

13. notafinga

notafinga Addicted

Don Gilmer
    I've used juxtaposer and blender but now prefer superimposer. It is pretty easy to use and allows great control. It automatically resizes both images, so no lining up by hand, or you can do it manually for a different effect. All of the standard blend modes are available, plus masking is super easy and you can switch top and bottom layers as you go. Lastly both layers can be fine tuned individually with standard controls like exposure, brightness, etc. It also has a save mask function that acts like the stamping feature in juxtaposer. I used to use photoforge for blending and masking as well, but have gravitated to superimposer, probably use it more than any other app excepting pixlor and snapseed.

RoseCat likes this.
  14. RoseCat

Catherine
    Hmmm... I think I'm going to have to keep trying this one. I used it a couple times but just wasn't getting the hang of it, so I've been sticking to the apps that are "easy" to me. I think I just need to practice a bit with Superimpose. :thumbs:

Delta likes this.
  15. mahoganyturtle

mahoganyturtle MobiTog iOTY 2012 Mobi Veteran

mel
    juxta and blender are so instinctual to me now that I am reluctant to use another app....even one that can do both functions...until they stop doing what I need I am happy with my dynamic duo :D

RoseCat and Delta like this.
  16. Delta

Delta Pretty poisonous... MobiSupporter

Delta
    I agree. Only today, I was trying to blend a couple of elements that didn't seem to be working well in juxta - so tried SuperImpose - I went back to to Juxta and used a work around to accomplish what I wanted. More often than not - size is not an issue - I've learned to save what I want as a stamp then use Blender...

RoseCat likes this.
  17. Dannywu

Dannywu Addicted

I think Superimpose saves at a higher resolution than Juxtapose. But I'm still trying to get the hang of superimpose.

18. Van Duke

Van Duke Addicted

I use superimpose...it's 99 cents and for all the reasons mentioned in the previous posts.

19. dcmacnut

dcmacnut KOTI The Bestower...

Chris VandeVenter
    Juxta is the one app I don't have yet, but I use Blender a lot. I also like the double exposure feature of Filterstorm. This isn't an iPhone shot, but an old time photo of my son we had made. We paid for the copyright release as well so I ran it through Filterstorm, adding the a second image.

I call it "Parents of the year"

Attached Files:

lamkentucky likes this.
  20. ValeriGail

ValeriGail Addicted

Valeri
    I've got all three of these apps, and out of them I use Superimpose the most, juxta some and blender none.

With blender, I read here that it blends well but I've had no luck at all with it. I find it to basic for what I'm trying to do, preferring superimpose's controls.

I love that superimpose has now added the save mask feature similar to juxtaposer's stamp feature. I save a good amount of my masks now for the just in case. Also love that I can flip back and forth from foreground to background to decide which way blends better. and that I can change them out if they aren't working with out totally wrecking the whole thing. Someone else mentioned the editing controls, like exposure and color balance. I use those quite a lot in the app too

With juxtaposer, I feel trapped in to the edit. But there are situation where it is a better blender for the work. I think it's masking is better. I'm able to erase cleaner and more efficiently in juxta, than in super. So the "stamps" come out with cleaner edges, and look more natural to the edit. I just wish I could line things up better. A stable hand I will never have, so half the time I end up closing the app out of frustration before I can even begin really editing.

So my over all score for all three...

Superimpose wins for having the best UI, working features that make sense for a blending app and work flow ease.

Juxtaposer comes in second because it's lacking in work flow ease, but would win if a "line up image" feature was added. Even with out the added editing tools, it's masking is stronger and would bump it to the top.

Blender is too basic and leaves me scratching my head. It's another one of those apps I open up and it makes no sense to me. All I see is add background, add foreground then blend. Can you mask in blender? Help me understand the UI of this app!

RoseCat likes this.
  21. RoseCat

Catherine
    In Juxtaposer if you double tap, the 2 images will snap into perfect alignment.

In Blender, tap and hold and a menu will appear offering 2 choices: mask and arrange. Also, when in arrange mode tap and hold will bring up options to flip the image.

:D :thumbs:

Robert Lancaster likes this.
  22. Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis Addicted Mobi Veteran

I use DXP as it is similar to Blender and was the in thing when I started iPhoneography, this is obviously no longer the case. Lol. Just to clarify is the app called Image Blender as there are a few options in the app store.

Robert Lancaster likes this.
  23. Robert Lancaster

Robert Lancaster Searching for Groovy! Site Staff

Robert Lancaster
    It is called Image Blender! :)

24. mikro

mikro Addicted

Mike
    Juxtaposer is best for creating collages and adding elements (stamps) to images. In my opinion no other app compares in this regard. Juxtaposer is a must have for any iphoneographer. Blender is another must have as far as I'm concerned. There are a lot of apps that can do a lot of the same things but after spending a good deal of time playing with the various ones out there I've tend to prefer the single purpose apps as they tend to do what their designed to do better and with less clutter than an all in one type app ymmv!

mahoganyturtle likes this.
  25. ValeriGail

ValeriGail Addicted

Valeri
    :( I tried this in juxta and all it does for me is bounce back and forth between move top image and pan and zoom. I can't get it to snap into place.

I knew about the arrange menu in blender but not holding to get more options. Will check that out!!