Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhoneography Article

Discussion in 'World Mobile Photography News' started by DezRacer, 13 January 2012.

1. DezRacer

DezRacer Addicted

Jimmy
  2. RoseCat

RoseCat Cat'sClockedIt... Site Staff

Catherine
    I enjoyed the article. One part annoyed me though, about how "the more serious and professional photographers will always use digital SLR’Ss". :mad:
    lisamjw likes this.
  3. AlyZen Moonshadow

AlyZen Moonshadow Addicted Mobi Veteran

DezRacer, thanks for sharing that article. I agree with Catherine, I don't like that comment "My personal view is that although phone technology is advancing it is only impacting amateur photographers and enthusiasts. The more serious and professional photographers will always use digital SLR’Ss. Also phone cameras still have a long way to go before their integrated technology can match the performance of an SLR".

Tony McLaren, in his article, appears to have made the mistake of lumping together all phone cameras as if they were all the same. He forgets that the iPhone is a completely different creature from other phone cameras. The iPhone may be just a phone with a camera in the hands of someone who buys it to use as a mobile phone, but in the hands of an iPhoneographer, the iPhone is the most important link to an entire Universe of photo-editing, photo-enhancing, manipulation, etc etc Apps, that Add Value to the iPhone. These Apps are getting better and more sophisticated all the time, and, with the right mindset, and the right talent, an iPhoneographer with a Value-Added iPhone that has been loaded with the right Apps will give a DSLR photographer a run for his money. Maybe not right now, but sooner than you think! ;) Be afraid, DSLR manufacturers, be very afraid!!

Plus, I'd like to see a DSLR that can, apart from taking great photos, also make calls, facetime, surf the internet, send messages, track its own whereabouts, give directions, talk to you (SIRI) and share images right there and then!

4. DezRacer

DezRacer Addicted

Jimmy
    All good points. I agree with you both. I guess I viewed the article as recognition for cell phonography if you will. It's nice to see our hobby being recognized. From that I think the evolvement of technology will come. Exciting to see where this all will be 2-3 years from now..;)
    RoseCat likes this.
  5. RoseCat

RoseCat Cat'sClockedIt... Site Staff

Catherine
    OH YEAH.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog
  6. evenlake

evenlake Addicted

Aly, I completely agree with you and Cat. I think this comment just shows the author's short-sightedness and profound misunderstanding of technology.

DSLRs are early 20th century artifacts with computers attached. They are going to become hobbyist cameras.

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/2012/01/04/dslrs-are-a-dying-breed-3rd-gen-cameras-are-the-future/
    RoseCat likes this.
  7. lisamjw

lisamjw Pretty & Sneaky... Site Staff

Lisa Waddell
    Bravo!