Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MobiMono IS BACK... Hold onto your Blacks & Whites!

How much HD video per GB?

Discussion in 'Technical & Legal' started by iJohn, 21 November 2011.

1. iJohn

iJohn New Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to decide between a 32GB or 64GB iphone, and would like to know how many minutes of HD video per GB. I suppose to be safe the 64GB would be the way to go, but the price difference between the two could go towards photo/video apps & an Otterbox Commuter case....
    Thanks,
    John

2. richardcb

richardcb All Bronzed up! Site Staff

Richard
    Interesting you should ask this question today, John, when I have just ordered an external wi-fi hard drive. These devices allow you to store videos, movies, music, documents and more on a device that generate its own wi-fi hotspot and allows you to view and play them directly through your iPhone or iPad. The two I looked at were the Kingston Wi-Drive, available in 16Gb and 32Gb models and the Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500Gb drive. The Kingston is small and compact but limited capacity-wise while the Seagate is more expensive but has massive storage for all your videos. Another option maybe?

3. iJohn

iJohn New Member

Thanks for the reply richardcb. I have a long term storage plan in place, but am wondering about when I'm on the road with just the iphone, without the ability to download....