Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. MobiMono IS BACK... Hold onto your Blacks & Whites!

hello there!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by oneday, 31 December 2012.

1. oneday

oneday Addicted

Candice
    Though I registered some time ago to mobitog today is the first day I manage to visit properly. I am thinking of doing the 365 thing... Does anyone have any handy tips?

RoseCat and Venomator like this.
  2. Venomator

Venomator Green & Serpentine... Admin Site Staff

Rog...
    Heya Candice and a very warm welcome to the Mobile Photography addiction that is your MobiTog Community it is great to have you join us... ;)

We hope you will enjoy our humble offerings and help spread the word to your Mobile PhotogrPhy addicted friends, family, colleagues and everyone else you can to help spread the MobiLove aeons the globe... :D

Best tip for the MobiTog Project 365 - 2013 is to head over to the sign-up thread and throw your name in the hat and then read through it, there are some great tips from others already signed up... :rog:

Then set up your own thread and get ready to jump on the daily iMage train from tomorrow, 01.01.13... :D

3. lamkentucky

lamkentucky A Little Sparkler... Site Staff

Leslee Moore
    Hi, Candice! I'm Leslee, and it's so nice to meet you!

4. Delta

Delta Pretty poisonous... MobiSupporter

Delta
    Hi Candice - welcome to Mobi !

5. lisamjw

lisamjw Pretty & Sneaky... Site Staff

Lisa Waddell
    Hi Candice and welcome to Mobitog!

6. RoseCat

RoseCat Cat'sClockedIt... Site Staff

Catherine
    So great to see you here Candice - Welcome!! :D

Here's some handy info to get you started:

If you're in the app, at the bottom you should see "Forum". Tap on that to see our 5 main areas:

Gallery - This contains folders of photos of the winners of our many different challenges.

Community - This is our Welcome section. Special MobiTog announcements are also posted here.

Image Sharing - This is the main photo area to upload your work, separated by categories such as Street, People, Architecture etc. Just choose a category that best fits the theme of your photo (it can be uploaded into more than one category if you want.)
    CHALLENGES are also located there (we have several fun ones!), and PROJECTS & ONGOING WORK (that's where you'll find the 365 threads). Tap on MobiTog 365 Project - 2013, create a thread with that same title plus your name, and that's where you'll post your daily shots.

IPhoneography Disscussion - This forum contains all kinds of useful information. App Reviews and App Discussions, technical stuff, a thread for our App Developers to let us know what they're working on, etc.

Members Area - This is sort of a hangout lounge, and a place we can discuss non-mobile photography related topics.

If you want to be notified of comments in a post, such as your 365 thread, tap on the "arrow in the square" in the upper right corner, then tap on "Subscribe".

In the bottom row of the app you'll see a thumbs-up labeled "Favorites". It will show any comments on threads you've subscribed to.

And this thread tells you how to reorder the buttons on the bottom of the MobiTog app: http://www.mobitog.com/threads/how-to-change-the-favorites-at-bottom-of-the-mobiapp.7584/

When you're on the web in Safari or Firefox, MobiTog is set up pretty much the same way, except when you first land here you'll be at the "Home" page which shows all the most recent posts.

If you look up at the top you'll see a row of tabs. The second one is "Forums". Click on that and you'll see the 5 categories/areas that I described above.

If I'm on my iPad, I prefer to surf MobiTog using the Safari web version, but on my iPhone I prefer the app.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I can hardly wait to see your 365 project! :D

lisamjw and Venomator like this.
  7. mahoganyturtle

mahoganyturtle MobiTog iOTY 2012 Mobi Veteran

mel
    Hi Candice!!!!

8. StickyQuote

StickyQuote Addicted

Jeff
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Hello Candice