Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RESULT Elements of Surprise Challenge #54

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by RoseCat, 18 March 2013.

1. RoseCat

RoseCat Cat'sClockedIt... Site Staff

Catherine
    Congratulations to everyone who participated in our 53rd challenge! The Team quickly got to work and created a ghostly alleyway with all sorts of hidden surprises! Be sure to check it out in the Gallery! :D

This thread will kick off the 54th challenge! Those interested in participating please start signing up here.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Specific Rules & Guidelines for this Elements of Surprise Challenge:

(1) Using apps such as, but not limited to, Juxtaposer, Superimpose, Montage, Image Blender, WowFxHD and so on, this challenge is an iPhotographic "tag team" of sorts. Each person will take their turn, handing off the photo to the next person and so on until everyone playing has participated.

(2) There will be a "sign up" period and everyone who wants to play will go on a list, numbered in order of sign up. Maximum number of participants will be 10 people.

(3) Sign up will last for up to 5 day(s) OR once there are at least 5 people on the list, then the challenge will begin. Any latecomers will be added to the bottom of the list.

(4) Player #1 will post a simple photo containing one "element" using any app of their choice. For example, a photo of a flower; a photo of just the sky; a photo of a winding road. OR, you can simply create a "background" image of just texture, with nothing else on it or it may contain ONE ELEMENT.

(5) Player #2 will then add ONE ELEMENT to the photo using any app of their choice. For example, add a flower or a butterfly using Juxtaposer. OR, add a shape using Montage. The only limits are your creativity!

(6) Player #3 will then add ONE ELEMENT, and so on to the end of the list.

(7) Each player will be allowed 24 HOURS to add their ONE ELEMENT, otherwise their turn is forfeited and play moves on to the next player.

Every participant will be a winner in this game, as we are combining all of our skills and creativity towards a final piece of art!

I'd really love everyone to step out of their comfort zones. So while I think adding filters is a great way to enhance and change the mood of a photo, in this challenge it should not be the ONLY "element". By element I mean some kind of object/shape added using Juxtaposer, Image Blender, Superimpose, Montage, WowFxHD, etc. Feel free to use filters also, but an ELEMENT must be ADDED. :D

HELPFUL HINT: If you sign up for the challenge, you can "Watch" the thread and get email notifications. This can help to alert you to the Challenge's progress, as we all get busy and can't always check in every day. :D :thumbs:

Who will be the next participants in this fast-paced adventure?

2. Robert Lancaster

Robert Lancaster Searching for Groovy! Site Staff

Robert Lancaster
    I'm first ... again ... but please ... can I please go last! :D

RoseCat likes this.
  3. RoseCat

Catherine
    Certainly! :thumbs:

4. cassiopia26

cassiopia26 Addicted

Tracy Pease
    Me, me! I'll go first!

RoseCat and Robert Lancaster like this.
  5. sispic3

sispic3 Addicted

Lynne
    Sounds fun! Can I play?

6. Delta

Delta Pretty poisonous... MobiSupporter

Delta
    I'm signing:D

7. RoseCat

Catherine
    Of course! Happy to have you on the team! :D

Robert Lancaster likes this.
  8. RoseCat

Catherine
    Still looking for 4-5 more Team Members!! Come on you newbies...sign up!! :D

9. lookingGlass79

lookingGlass79 Daily Chronicler... MobiSupporter

Brandy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Sign me up please Mam

Robert Lancaster and RoseCat like this.
  10. lookingGlass79

lookingGlass79 Daily Chronicler... MobiSupporter

Brandy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What happened to everyone? Last winter we had a big group of us that joined and participated in each EOS. But slowly nearly everyone's faded out... Maybe it's the warm weather getting everyone outside and keeping us busy... I dunno? But I miss that tight knit little EOS group, the ones that welcomed me so warmly when I first began! If it wasnt for all you guys being so kind, welcoming and especially helpful I dunno if I'd know near as much about editing that I do now! It's from joining EOS that I learned...so to any newbies out there that want to expand your editing skills, to learn some new ones, or to brush up on things you already know..,join in these EOS Challenges! You won't be dissapointed! They're fun! Challenging! Creative! And you don't have to worry about critics, or asking a silly question if you need help...I asked my share of silly questions I'm sure :) and I still do if there's something I need help with. And I've always been given the help I needed from all you friendly folks! So thank you!! Sorry this is so long just wanted to express my feelings. :)

11. Delta

Delta
    :thumbs::D

12. RoseCat

Catherine
    Thank you so very much for your kind and encouraging words Brandy! :inlove:

I know people (myself included) get so busy in their lives, and there can be a lot of "online commitments" to deal with as well... I love our original EOS group too, but I do hope that we can entrap encourage - :sneaky: - some newbies to join up and give EOS a try! It really is a lot of fun and a great way to learn and grow.

So come on MobiPeeps!! Come over and sign up here - we promise you won't be disappointed. :D

13. Delta

Delta
    OK. Testimony Time...

When I did my first EOS... :alien: I really didn't know a thing ( not that I know much now) but what EOS did for me - was expand my thinking about images, think different, hone my blending/adding skills, really understand the relationship between elements, filters, and the apps that I could use. Things I learned about apping in EOS I found I could apply on my own images. Finally, I had/have BIG FUN... So like Rose said, c'mon out !!! You won't regret it ! I didn't :D

14. cassiopia26

cassiopia26 Addicted

Tracy Pease
    So well said Brandy! I totally agree. EOS has stretched my horizons and tested my boundaries when it comes to photo editing, design, and on a personal note, just using this type of forum to be social in. I always avoided forums like this. Chat rooms and the like always turned me off. But, MobiTog changed that for me. I know how much you can get out of this experience and how easy it is to make actual friends after doing EOS for about 6 months. I absolutely adore MobiTog but EOS has made it what it is to me. Without the EOS's, I don't know how much I would do. Really. I truly encourage newbies to try it out once or twice. You'll be hooked. I guarantee it. We might not always make the prettiest art (although we often do), but we always have fun doing whatever we do.

15. BorisTheCrab

BorisTheCrab Addicted

Chris Spencer-Brown
    Am I in time for signing up?

16. RoseCat

Catherine
    You certainly are! :thumbs:

17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Tracy, thank you so much for being so supportive of EOS - we love having you on the team and you help make this challenge, and our community, the special place it is. :inlove:

Now, just as this EOS has challenged you to try something new and expand your horizons, I'd like to gently challenge you even further to add one more of the wonderful and varied MobiChallenges to your list.

EOS can always be your fave/go-to (I'm biased!) :sneaky: but I'd love it if you'd take a peek at one of our other challenges too... You might be surprised at how much you enjoy it! :)

cassiopia26 likes this.
  18. cassiopia26

cassiopia26 Addicted

Tracy Pease
    I have been doing some of the Hipsta challenges, but I keep getting confused as to which one is current and how it works and where to find it because they put it in the sticky area sometimes. I'm not a stupid person. That contest is confusing to figure out :(

lookingGlass79 likes this.
  19. RoseCat

Catherine
    Tracy, do you subscribe to the Hipsta challenges? That way it's always in your favorites section. :)

20. cassiopia26

cassiopia26 Addicted

Tracy Pease
    I subscribe to them when I see them. But, I forget about the Stickies area. I don't even know what it's for.

21. RoseCat

Catherine
    When you're in Safari on your computer, the Stickies area is sort of like having a thread bookmarked to find it easily...

But if you've subscribed to a thread and you're in the app, you can ignore stickies and find stuff in your favorites section. :thumbs:

22. cassiopia26

cassiopia26 Addicted

Tracy Pease
    Computer is a foreign technology to me. I think I have one in a pile somewhere ;)

RoseCat likes this.
  23. RoseCat

Catherine
    Okay Team, let's get this party started! :D

1. cassiopia26/Tracy
    2. sispic3/Lynne
    3. Delta
    4./Brandy
    5. Boristhecrab/Chris
    6. Robert
    7. cassiopia26/Tracy
    8. sispic3/Lynne
    9. Delta
    10. lookingGlass79/Brandy
    11. Boristhecrab/Chris
    12. Robert

24. cassiopia26

cassiopia26 Addicted

Tracy Pease
    Hi everyone. Sorry if this is delayed. It would've been my nephews birthday today, but he committed suicide in August. Also sorry if too much information, but I just felt that I needed to share it.

On to my start picture. I created it using 3 texture photos (1 3D) combined in the app Layover, which I have reviewed at my website. ImageUploadedByMobiTog1363995834.531406.jpg Hope it works and hope you like!

25. sispic3

sispic3 Addicted

Lynne
    So Sorry about your loss. What a difficult day this must be. I love the pic and am excited to add to it and to be a part of my first EOS... Here I go...