Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compose yourself with Adjust Grid

Discussion in 'App Reviews' started by richardcb, 10 April 2013.

1. richardcb

richardcb Mobi PinCushion ? Site Staff

Richard
    If you need some help with your composition skills (and, face it, we all do) Adjust Grid is currently free in the App Store. Twelve grid overlays ranging from the familiar, Rule of Thirds, to the exotic, Radiation, Reverse Triangular, are available along with full details on how each affects your images. Worth a look for the committed iphoneographer.

[​IMG]
    RoseCat likes this.
  2. ChrisCGN

ChrisCGN Addicted

Back when I wanted to get a bit more into the matter of "how to set up a shot properly" I found those videos to be very helpful.
    For people just getting into photography those are actually almost a must-watch....

(Videos from: http://iphonecameraessentials.com/)
  3. richardcb

Richard
    Not quite sure I see the point of these vids, Chris. How are they a 'must-watch'?
  4. ChrisCGN

ChrisCGN Addicted

They do give some very nice tips for beginners on how to use the 3:3-Grid in multiple ways to set up and compose a shot.
    They are even factoring in how those rules change when you are switching to different formats (like 1:1 Insta-Format)...or how to best use the Grid/Rot when you are using a fisheye-cam/effect etc.

If I remember correctly they even had a part in the videos about how you can use apps like Anti-Crop / Adjust Grid and the likes to "fix" the compositions of your pictures, if it's needed.
  5. richardcb

Richard
    Ah, the videos seem to have changed since I first saw your post. They were definitely not the ones I now see above and had nothing to do with composition. :confused:
  6. ChrisCGN

ChrisCGN Addicted

Ya, the links were messy at first and I had to pull them to fix the issue :D
    First they somehow linked some weird comedy-clips or something like that....those were definitely NOT a must watch :p
    richardcb likes this.