Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Wondering how to insert full size images into your posts? Check out our full How Do I... guide, which also contains How Do I... insert from Flickr? Click Here

Big Photo Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Apps Discussion' started by GarethC, 31 December 2012.

1. GarethC

GarethC Addicted

Gareth
    I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking for but maybe the good people here are the ones to educate me :)

The challenge is that I do all my editting and viewing on the iPhone and then post to Tadaa and Facebook but when it gets to FB the image is a bit crunchy. I think it's largely due to the fact that as all the processing is done on the iPhone by the time it gets to FB I've probably over-processed it. Will Big Photo smooth the crunching as it enlarges?
  2. RoseCat

RoseCat Cat'sClockedIt... Site Staff

Catherine
    Hmmmm... The photos I upload to Facebook all look fine. :confused:
  3. Carolyn Hall Young

Carolyn Hall Young Addicted

Carolyn Hall Young
    I use Big Photo everyday, and I trust it's processing. When I upload to Facebook, I use the Halftone app because it loads the largest possible image to FB, and allows me to send to my choice of photo folders on FB. Facebook does their own downsampling, and sometimes images seem to be "crunched," but the problem is more frequent when I upload using other apps, or the iOS Photos app. This could be my own superstitious behavior, but I have compared and other apps do downsize pictures more. Is there anyone with more clarity on this? Occasionally my reasons for doing something are eliminated in a new iOS, and I sail along with old voodoo informing my actions.