Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

645 Pro MkII is here

Discussion in 'Apps Discussion' started by Lzed, 25 June 2013.

1. Lzed

Lzed The AppFinder...

Larry Zasitko
    Michael has been really busy :)

The update for 645 Pro MkII showed up this morning. After a quick look my initial feeling is pretty positive.

The new menus are similar to Pure Shot which will make transitions between the apps easier for those that have and use both.

Selecting a back / film / filter opens a carousel to pick from. Films can be edited to your preference and you can create up to three custom films that will also show in the carousel. I really like the brief description for the film. Filters can be locked which I like so that you can't accidentally alter the setting though I find the wheel used to change the strength a touch to small and hard to to an exact setting but that may also come down to just using it and getting used to how it works.
    All effects like film and filters can be shown live or you can turn off the live preview. I found that with them set to live that the screen gets a bit more laggy, ie it takes time to catch up with the camera. If you turn it off the lag time is back to normal.

I like that controls are semi translucent and you can move them where you want them, same applies to the shown information. What I would like is the option to have the information shown in a LCD like display, similar to the 'Old' 645 Pro (yes I really liked that) but again being able to move the display is good.

You can set the shutter to take a three shot burst or bracketed shots, which I like.

Outside of the LCD display I like what has been changed. It's raining here today so will not have much chance to play with it more. Tomorrow or the next day we will head up to the wedding so it will get some use over the weekend.
  2. lookingGlass79

lookingGlass79 Daily Chronicler... MobiSupporter

Brandy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Thanks for info Larry. I had deleted 645 pro bc it was so jumbled and difficult to use but sounds like they've improved a lot, so I'm going to reload it now and give the app another try. I use Pure Shot and love it! Fingers crossed I will be able to really enjoy 645 now!
    mark j felder, RoseCat and Lzed like this.
  3. Lzed

Lzed The AppFinder...

Larry Zasitko
    If you like Pure Shot this update brings the two pretty much in line with one another, menus control almost everything and are laid out in much the same way.

I actually liked the old setup and liked that I never needed menus to access most things. As I said first impression is pretty positive for the update. I have the old apps ipa so I could if I decided to go back to it but I will give this version a while. I'm pretty sure that using it will be positive and I like the idea of customizing the film. But I would still like the information LCD back as an option.
    lookingGlass79 likes this.
  4. Mikeraboy

Mikeraboy Likes AppWhores Better...

Michael Raboy
    It looks like I am going to switch from PureShot. It's like PureShot with the features of 645 Pro. I had a some difficulty with the controls of 645 pro
    mark j felder and RoseCat like this.
  5. RoseCat

RoseCat Cat'sClockedIt... Site Staff

Catherine
    I'm excited about this update! Sounds like it's the best of both worlds. :thumbs:
    MsDee likes this.
  6. Lzed

Lzed The AppFinder...

Larry Zasitko
    Even though forecast was for rain it cleared up. Some neat clouds so I was out trying 645 Pro MkII

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1372215908.569000.jpg
    Was wondering for a few seconds why the areas of red, simple really it's areas of the photo that are going to be washed out.
    Love dragging and dropping focus and exposure points

Because I have both 645 Pro and Pure Shot I will for now leave Pure Shot for doing the bracketed shots and will use 645 for pretty much everything else. I like the carousel idea for the filters, films and backs, and it is pretty fast to change between things.
  7. lisamjw

lisamjw Pretty & Sneaky... Site Staff

Lisa Waddell
    Good info, Larry!
  8. mark j felder

mark j felder Addicted

mark j felder
    I deleted it for the same reason. The update is great I love it.
    lookingGlass79 likes this.
  9. Robert Lancaster

Robert Lancaster Searching for Groovy! Site Staff

Robert Lancaster
    Mike you have a winner here!
    645 Pro Mk. II is the absolute dogs b*llocks and beez kneez all rolled into one.
    If you do not have this app might I suggest most strongly that you time travel over to the ubiquitous app store and pick it up post hocto proc.
    GET IT!!!
  10. dcmacnut

dcmacnut KOTI The Bestower...

Chris VandeVenter
    I was one of the beta testers on this app and have been using it for months. It works great on my iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPad 3. It is far and away the best update to this app. The warnings for blown highlights and underexposed shadows are a great feature. In most cases it isn't necessary (and can be turned off), but for some some shots it helped me find the best point of the image to lock the exposure. You can also display 4 different live histograms, just like PurShot, depending on what information you want. The old 645 Pro was busy and cluttered. This new one lets you have as much or as little information on screen. I especially like how the app works on the iPhone 4. A small button lets you hide all but the key controls giving you more of the screent to compose your image.

Taking TIFFS is considerably sped up on the old iPhone 4. Where I was limited to just 2 shots before the app buffered, on the 4 I can take up to 10 back to back before it slows down. On the iPhone 5 I get upwards of 20. You have the option to turn on LZW lossless compression for TIFFs, but that slows down how many photos you can take in succession. It doesn't save too much space, so I have it turned off.

The other feature I love is one that PureShot has. 3 shot bursts and 3 shot bracketed photos. A 645 exclusive is the ability to save your "film mode" photos as HI-jpg, MAX-jpg, or dRAW TIFF independently of the "unprocessed" impages. The old version always saved the processed images as a JPG, and the TIFFs unprocessed. You also now can tell it to apply your format crop to the TIFFs as well. The only thing I miss from the old version is the "Q-Mode" where I could disable the film modes entirely with one double tap.

Another item of interest is that little gray wheel below the film mode and filter selector. If you chose to apply a virtual color filter, turning that wheel dials the intensity up or down as needed. Then pressing the center button locks that setting so you don't accidentally change it while composing the photo. The old method of swiping certain parts of the screen to select and adjust filters was not very intuitive. This way is much better.

I've been working on a Jag.gr app blog post for a while now, and when Mike told me this beta was coming out I told him I'd wait until it went live to post it. Now I just need to finalize the post and get it out for the masses to read.
    MsDee, lisamjw, Venomator and 2 others like this.
  11. lisamjw

Lisa Waddell
    Great info!!
  12. Kevin Barrett

Kevin Barrett Addicted

Kevin Barrett
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I am liking 645 Pro MK2

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1372303737.999463.jpg

P41 Film, HI-JPEG

Straight out of the camera...
    Van Duke, bethbikes, Lzed and 6 others like this.
  13. Robert Lancaster

Robert Lancaster
    It really, really, really rocks.
    The performance on my 3GS is massively improved over the last version.
    The image quality as always is top drawer.
    And the redesigned UI is exquisite.
    Fantastic job Mike, really fantastic.
  14. Mikeraboy

Mikeraboy Likes AppWhores Better...

Michael Raboy
    Just got my $8000 Nikon, but they changed the name to 645 Pro II. Even comes with free filters!
    dcmacnut, ProPhoto, Lzed and 5 others like this.
  15. RoseCat

Catherine
    What a fantastic shot!!!
    Kevin Barrett likes this.
  16. lisamjw

Lisa Waddell
    Unbelievable! Love it!
    Kevin Barrett likes this.
  17. juryjone

juryjone Addicted

Jerry Jobe
    Based on this thread, I went ahead and got this app last night. Took one picture, took it through Snapseed, Distressed FX, and iColorama, and here's the result. Don't know if it's because I just spent $4, but I am loving the image quality!
    ImageUploadedByMobiTog1372364404.774012.jpg
  18. RoseCat

Catherine
    Love love it! :thumbs:
  19. Robert Lancaster

Robert Lancaster

Awesome Jerry! Believe me you will not regret getting 645 Pro Mk. II.
    It is the best there is. 'nuff said.
  20. malookes

malookes Addicted

I had the old version and liked it a lot but never used it too much because the layout. The new version is slowly becoming my goto Camera I think. I love it.